Friday, 7:00 PM

Georgina Bae @stevenisMYbae 15m

MGA BEH! Andito na mga oppa natin! Welcome back, @eastgenproject! #EGProject #SummerCrush pic.twitter.com/xg34KpRLm76

Original!Cai @song4minchan 10m

The @eastgenproject boys were spotted at Clark International Airport earlier. THIS IS IT! Let's go #SummerCrush! #EGProject pic.twitter.com/kI032yQSb42

Mrs. Jo Yihwan @neottaemune 32s

Where are they checked in? Any info? #EGProject #SummerCrush

. . . . .

"They don't have shi-nigang here."

Minchan sounds disappointed when he notes the absence of the hot-and-sour soup dish on the restaurant menu. Fi looks up from monitoring Twitter and casts an apologetic smile at the magnae. "Awww, sorry, Chan-ah. I don't think they serve Filipino cuisine in this restaurant."

"Bummer."

She casts a sweeping glance at the busy dining space and notices the contrast between the uncomplicated whites and blues of the restaurant's interior and the vibrant colors their guests are dressed in. It's like looking at a beach postcard: blue sea and pristine white sand peppered with umbrellas, bathing suits, and surfboards in every color imaginable. She cranes her neck and spots a guy from the kitchen staff pulling out freshly-made pizza from a brick oven. "What about pizza?" she asks, looking back at Minchan. "You like pizza, don't you?"

"Not as much since our Domino's endorsement," Minchan replies with a slight frown. He lays the menu against the royal blue table cloth and looks at Fi. "Are we stopping by your place after the show, noona?"

"Manila is seven hours away from here, Minchan. I'm afraid not."

He deflates.

"Don't worry. The nearby resorts at the venue tomorrow offer Filipino food. I'm sure we can find one or two that has sinigang on their menu."

Minchan's eyes light up. "Okay!"

A little while later, Yihwan and Steven return from a quick tour of the Santorini-inspired resort. They join Fi and Minchan at the table and declare they're taking a dip in the pool after dinner.

"Let me guess." Fi side-eyes Steven. "You saw some girls in bikinis by the pool."

Steven pretends not to hear Fi's accusation and instead grabs the menu in front of him. Without a word, he flips through the pages as though it were the most interesting piece of literature he ever laid eyes on.

Yihwan takes a huge gulp of water from the goblet in front of him. "I'll make sure he keeps little Steven in his pants," he offers with a soft laugh.

Fi rolls her eyes. "Keep him on a short leash, please."

Steven opens his mouth to object, but Yihwan quickly muffles the drummer's protests with a dinner roll. Nonchalant, Minchan follows through, pushing a small rattan basket containing packets of butter and jam toward the drummer. Boisterous bursts of laughter follow, a three-part symphony by Fi, Yihwan, and Minchan.

The noise dies down when Fi's phone buzzes against the wooden table. Everyone's eyes gravitate to it.

Gabriel Park
CALLING...

Fi motions for everyone to start ordering food and excuses herself to pick up the call. "Hey, Gabe."

"Chopstick, where are you?"

Humid La Union air clings to Fi's skin as she walks out of the restaurant and into a well-lighted veranda where resort guests enjoy cocktails and relax on the royal blue cushions of the rattan lounge chairs. She leans against the metal railing and the sprawling pool below comes to view, gorgeous and enticing under the light of the lampposts surrounding it. Laughter and chatter from guests taking a swim or unwinding under the large beach umbrellas fill the air. From a distance, the steady hum of the ocean waves lends to the calm of the evening.