But I'm no slacker. At least, I don't want to be a slacker...

"..."

It took me all of my breath to climb up that grand, towering statue of Barbatos and sit on the stone hands.

"...Haha."

But a small laugh escaped from between my lips once the wind began to blow again, carrying my voice in the breeze.

"Ahaha...!"

I laughed as if someone told a very funny joke.

But it was no laugh of condescent, or , nor was it a laugh of negligence. Or at least, I like to think it wasn't.

Just like the citizens of Mondstadt smile because they were gifted eternal freedom by their Archon,

I finally laughed because I was gifted the joy of being alive just for another day.

So, this is "freedom"...

...

But I woke up from that dream, into that of a nightmare in the real world.

"...Huh?!"

I was in a plain, grassy field.
But there was no longer the soft, reassuring breeze.

It's as if the world world went into a stasis without the wind blowing to get things moving.

And when the wind stops, there is only one thing it could mean.

"The person who gifted the winds himself...has stopped too."

There is...no way.

There is no way the wind can stop blowing.

"But it did."

There was a voice that spoke to me again. In a whisper, ever so ominously, yet ever so gently.

It was like the breeze itself. Although, it only echoed without the presence of the actual wind to carry it.

"You can see him right in front of you."

That bard.

He loved to snooze away when drunk, hugging a bottle of wine with him as he went off to write poems even in his dreamland.

But he isn't really sleeping right now, is he?

He stood out from the rest of the unmoving grass in the field, as one lone body, laid peacefully surrounded by his favourite cecilia flowers.

That red stain all over his azure turquoise cape...Isn't actually wine, is it?

"Hey..."

The voice spoke up again.

"He's done the exact same thing to me too, you know?"

"Ah, it's truly a miracle I'm still alive now."

"As long as you exist, the words that he speaks are like bullets that pierce through your vital organs."