Chapter 5: Shock

Depuis le début

Ymir: You're going to be with her. No matter where you're assigned, no one will notice or give a dang if you aren't where you should be. They'll be much more focused on surviving.

Y/n looked at her in the eyes, eyes full of confidence. He knew what to do. He took a deep breath.

Y/n: Tha-

He was cut off by someone screaming above all the rumbling of the soldiers, silencing them all in a whim.

Commander: EVERYONE! IN FORMATION!

Everyone did as instructed and lined up. The commander continued his speech without shouting, but speaking loud enough.

Commander: You'll follow the same drill as in training. You will have the task to supply, transmit information. Should a titan cross the first line of defense, it's your priority to kill them.

Commander: Every Garrison present will head to the vanguard unless told otherwise. The middle guard will consist only of groups of new soldiers accompanied by a garrison. The rearguard will be the chosen troops from the Garrison.

Commander: The time has come. We will protect Wall Rose with uncountable lives. For the citizens. For the walls. For the king.

Commander: As you all are aware of, fleeing from the enemy will grant you the capital punishment. However, if I happen to spot you, no trial will be held. That is all.

Commander: SACRIFICE YOUR HEARTS!

In unison, every soldier brought their right fist to their heart.

Commander: DISMISSED!

No time was wasted, every person able to walk and not still vomiting of shock was gathering with their teams and setting off to their areas.

Y/n was informed of his squad, composed of Thurner, Mina, another cadet Y/n didn't know of, a Garrison who served as squad leader, and obviously, himself.

They all gathered and were ready to set off, but a hand suddenly took hold of Y/n's shoulder. He looked back at the girl who had done it.

Unknown Elite: You're coming with me, we need you at the back.

Y/n: Bu- Hold on, I can't leave my squad behind!

Unknown Elite: I don't care about what you think. I've been told to look for you, and you'r-

The commander, who hadn't taken position, interrupted her.

Commander: No. No matter how great he was at training, he has no battle experience. Besides, his squad is already short-handed as it is. Most squads are at least made up of 6 soldiers.

He set his gaze on Y/n.

Commander: You go on.