Dirt Roads and Ghost Towns

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): *singing* "our hate for them encoded into every bolt and truss~"

(Y/N): *singing* "our wrath has come online~"

(Y/N): *singing* "engage the linkage omni-"

(Y/N): "oh shit a town!"

A ways ahead lay a Town with a large wall surrounding it... Not surprising seeing as the beasts seem to be very aggressive.

I quickly but cautiously approach the town, but as I got closer I started to notice several things that were... Off.

The first thing I noticed was that there were a load of vines growing on the walls and that the wall itself seemed rather... Unkept.

Next is that there used to be a gate but it had been broken down.

Then when I passed through said gate to find it empty and with several burnt buildings and destruction everywhere.

Yet. . . Despite all of this, it feels right. Like there's something in the air that just feels... nice?

Like, it's similar to the feeling I get when I absorb essence.

(Y/N): ". . . *Sigh* at least it's a step in the right direction"

The town itself was a bizarre mix between modern and medieval fantasy.

Like you have a bunch of modern looking buildings next to what is obviously a blacksmith albeit one with a modern design.

Searching the blacksmith revealed that most of the stuff had been taken baring a few tools with the exception of a axe marked as being made from a lightning dust alloy.

But what is lightning dust?

After a bit more searching, I find some strange crystals in the back they seem to be organized by color with red, yellow, green, blue, white all of which are marked as 'dust'.

Each color seems to have a element associated with it.

So this 'dust' is some sort of crystal that possibly has unique properties of some kind?

I should see if there is a local library that I can look through to maybe find some answers to my questions.

But before I leave I swap out my hand made stone axe for the shining dust alloy one

(Y/N): "sorry little buddy, you've served me well but I need something better than a rock on a stick"

Heading back out I search the town for useful stuff and I manage to find one of those hiking backpacks so I now have a proper way of carrying my stuff.