Chapter 11

Y/n's Pov:

You know if it would have been a normal day where I just flinched because someone was hugging me or coming in my bubble, I'd probably cry myself to sleep with the guilt that I made them horrible but for the first time, Chan made me realise that it was okay. I can take my time to let people in. I can take my time trusting them.

The way he talked to me the whole way back even though he's the type to never talk, he also made my Sunday worth getting up early. My mind no longer feels guilt for flinching. It's okay i can take my time .

But all this just increased my respect for this man even more, I mean he's been a gentleman since day one, but that little crush just got a bit bigger.

As we entered the house, Chan was standing in the living room giving berry food and then he just stood there looking at berry. I don't know what was going in my head. I slowly walked up to him and stood in front of him.

He looked at me for a second and then looked back at Berry. I decreased the distance between us and slowly wrapped my arms around him. His body grew, i mean anybody's would if someone hugged you out of nowhere.

I wrapped softly so he won't be uncomfortable.
"Thank you Chan" i didn't mean to say Chan, I would have said Christopher as usual or maybe even Chris but not Chan because i thought we were not close but that hug fell like returning home after a long battle.

"I'm sorry for hugging you out of nowhere." I said breaking the hug and he just nodded in understanding.

Bang Chan's Pov:

She hugged me out of nowhere and this hug wasn't awkward or uncomfortable but the warmest hug in the world. A hug full of gratitude.

I wanted to hug her back but she broke the hug before that. She said she's sorry for hugging me out of nowhere but she doesn't have to apologise. I loved the hug, and I would do it again if she would let me.

She looked directly in my eyes I could see the battles she's been fighting from her past. I don't know them yet but I'm pretty sure I'll find those out soon and help you win.

She looked so adorable just standing there so for once i let my impulse win. I pulled her in for another hug.

"You don't have to thank me. I'll always be here for you." And i meant it . I meant every single word.

We broke the hug again and she gave me that soft smile. God i really hope my face isn't red right now.

Y/n's Pov:

I'm in my room right just thinking about what ever happened today, the brunch, my past relapse and the hug, the hug in the living room. Berry is sitting beside me . She just followed me to my room and I don't really mind.

"Hello Jeongin" i called Jeongin but not Lily because i remember very well it's Sunday and most probably she's on a date.

"Hello y/n" he said.
I told him everything in detail. I mean I had to tell someone everything a lot was happening in my mind and damn that felt so good after ranting it all out.

It was now almost 8p.m.
"Let's go have some food Berry" I picked up berry and then we went downstairs. I poured her dog food and noticed Chan cooking in the kitchen.

"Giving berry her meal?" He asked while still making a soup? Atleast that's what it looks like.
"Yeah" I replied to him.

After that I opened the fridge to find something I can feed myself with. Chan might have noticed it because he said,
"I've cooked soup and rice, I- I made some for you too." Well can't ever say no to food and also I've tasted his cooking before and he's the best chef here so.

"Thank you for making some for me too." I said setting the plated on the table. He smiled. Chan smiled again? I melt every time he smiles, but his smiles are for short intervals, I want him to smile, laugh, chuckle, giggle for a long time because his smile lights up my entire world. Oh no get out of thoughts y/n.

We sat down and Chan started serving the food.
"You have work tomorrow?" Of course he has work tomorrow y/n but I wanted to start a conversation.
"Yeah but I'll leave a little late tomorrow, my office is renovating." He said eating his food.

"Your office is renovating? Can you send me pictures of the finished work? I love interior designing and just fond of all this in general." Yeah my impulse took over and so I blurted it out.

He gave me a surprised look but just a smile nod with smile. He's smiling so much nowadays. I wanna keep him in my pocket. I wanna protect this man so bad.

Days went by again, we met his dad on sundays mostly and we'd go to work during the week. I was free on most Saturdays and so I used to call jeongin and lily to the house and had catch ups.
Chan was opening up, little by little, and I realised he wasn't actually a cold person.

We'd have an unspoken rule, whoever woke up first would make the breakfast. Well I usually woke up later than Chan so mostly it was Chan's cooking that we started the day with. Days passed and we became more of friends, not to me, to me I've always liked him, and started loving him the more I got to know him and being just friends was the last thing I wanted.

We completely forgot we were into a fake marriage contract thing but instead it felt like we were room mates, well house mates to be exact because his house was very huge.

Life felt perfect but as we know after laughter comes tear, an incident changed everything, turned every possible table and the bed of roses was suddenly all roses.

Bang Chan's Pov:

The sun's bright today but it seems like there's gonna be rain later. I just finished my work and was headed home when Watson called my name out,

"Sir, the driver isn't at the office right now, I advise you to wait before he comes back." He said.
"It's okay Watson, I can drive, y/n will be reaching home any minute now, I don't wanna be late." I blushed, yeah I wasn't open to my feelings but I realised that my feelings for y/n are so strong that they can't be locked away.

"Sir I hope she says yes" Watson said with the most genuine smile.
"Thank you Watson, see you tomorrow." I picked up the bouquet, the necklace and my phone and went to one of the cars parked in the lot.

I already knew, it's raining now, so soft but it seems it'll get heavy and harsh soon. I should rush home.

Y/n's Pov:
It's already 10 p.m., where is chan. He said he'd be home early today but it's already late. I was getting anxious when suddenly I got a call from Watson.

"Hello Watson?" My voice sounded tense.
"Ma'am please reach xyz hospital fast."
The voice from the phone said.

That's all he said and I knew, I knew the upcoming circumstances are gonna just get worse.

I started shaking. A part of me knew that something really happened to Chan because Watson wouldn't call like that just to prank me and a part of me wanted that Watson and Chan are really pranking me.

I tried to get a hold on myself and wore the only jacket I saw in my sight. I tucked berry to sleep and placed some food for her in the pet machine just in case she gets hungry.

I wasn't in the right mind to drive but I couldn't also speak so I would never be able to tell the taxi where to go. I managed to take out one of Chan's car, the smallest i could find so that even if I crash it ain't worth much.

"God you know how much chan means to me, you can't take him away yet, not yet God, not yet."

Prayers and tears, that's all was what the car was filled with hoping this soon gets replaced by Chan's scolding and laughs.

Author's note:

I'm back y'all! Also the story's gonna take a turn and it'll be worth it I promise <3