~THREE~

Wanda's POV

We talked over that coffee for some time. It amazed me how Strange could drink it so fast. I mean, he was aready done when I drank barely half.

"Think I go put all this in my room," I said putting down my empty cup.

"Running away from me already?" he asked taking my cup and putting it into sink, "You've been here just for a few hours."

"Haha," I said sarcasticly. 

I tried taking all my stuff at once.

"You need help with that?" Strange laughed at me. Even tho he was washing dishes, he somehow saw that I was struggling.

"Nope." I said confidently. Unfortunately for me I triped on one of the books on the floor. I fell forward. Luckly the clothes smoothed it out.

"You sure?" he chuckled while wiping his hands with a paper towel.

"Yeah," I started to get up and bummped my head in corner of the counter, "Shit!" I hissed.

I got up, successfully this time, to see Strange leaning against the counter, arms crossed over his chest as he smirked. Embarrassment washed over me. I could feel my face getting warmer by second.

"Don't laugh at me." I said, a little angry.

"I'm not laughing at you."

"Well I'm pretty sure that you're not laughing with me either."

"Just let me help you." he came closer to me. He sretched out his hands to take some of the stuff. I gave him one part and carried the other. Some of it still on the kitchen counter.

We walked across the living room to my bedroom. Since our hands were full, I used my mygic to open the door. I put down all the stuff from my hands onto the bed.

"Just put it here," I told Strange as I was leaving to get the rest of my clothes. Strange followed. 

When we returned in the room again I thanked him and he left.

I strated putting everything across the room, firstly filling the closet with clothes. Than I moved to a brown drawer, stuffing it with socks and underwear.

After all that, I started decorating the rest of my room. I don't have many things so I finished quickly. Last things that left were those three books and a small plant. Books are now on a little table by window, my plant next to them.

I stood in middle of room, looking at my work. I was hoping to be satisfied but insted I relised that I need more stuff. This is pathetic.

I heared loud sound from living room. I walked to door and peaked through it.

I saw Strange putting some boxes down on the floor. Unusually, at least for me, he wasn't wearing his blue robe. He was in gray sweatpants and a blue T-shirt. 

"Hey, Strange," I called, now standing in the door frame, door fully open.

"Hmm?" he turned around.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Ah, just moving these boxes to make space for that new kitchen I was talking about."

"Can I help?" 

"If you want..."

"Well I am gonna live here." I pushed myself off of doorframe and walked back down to the ground floor along with Strange.

"How did you get promission to renovate this place? Isn't it like...part of history? Wouldn't they try to keep it as it was?" I said as we reached bottom of the staircase.

I felt curious.

"What can I say, I'm very good at convincing people." he smiled. I rolled my eyes. 

"What? It's true." I followed him, passing the pink armchairs.

"Aha" I didn't know him that well, but I can tell thet he's lying, or at least being sarcastic. All I know is that he's not teling the truth, not really.

"It is true. I convinced Wong to convince some other people to let me do it." We went through another door that led to a big empty room.

Okay, I belive that.

"And you are right. It's really old." he picked up more boxes and so did I "It needed renovateing. I mean, of course I won't touch any relics and artefacts or main look of it. i'm just re-doing living area. I just felt like Sanctum needed a little refreshing, you know."

"Yeah."

We were back upstairs.

"Here," Strange went to a corner with more buckets of paint and paint brushes after leaving boxes by wall in the hall. I walked to him, taking some too. 

"How do you have money for all this? I know you were kind of rich before, but I don't think that you have a job right now." we went back down the same way.

"Kamar-Taj has a bank acount." 

I laughed a little along with him.

"They do help with that, tho. Besides, I had some savings that I totaly forgot about."

"How could you forget about it?"

"Forgot about that too."

I shook my head with a smile on my face.

We walked the same route few more times.

When we were finished, he looked at his watch.

"It's aready 7 o'clock." he said a little suprised.

"Realy?" I asked shocked, looking at his watch too. Has it been that long?

"Yeah."

There was silence until he spoke again.

"Want some food?" he looked at me.

"Sure."

"Nice. Take out? I don't want to bother with cooking right now."

"Sure."

Strange ordered us food and I set the table.

You know, it's crazy when you relize that I've been here only a day. Not even that long. I came here at around 12:30am and right now, it's 7:30pm. I've been here only 5 hours!?!?!? I swear it was longer. At least it felt like that.

 Eventualy, we decided to eat in living room. Just as I was moving plates there, bell rang. Strange answered the door.

That night we talked for hours. We even agreed that my training should start next week, until I find myself around. There are many topics that we've talked about. And somehow, conversation never died down. There was always something that held it alive. We joked, laughed, talked serious, exchanged opinions, judged even...I was really nice talking to him. It was somewhat comfortable, comforting. 

Weird.