Chapter 137

137.

Devyn

A week later

It's been a week since that day and everything has been running smoothly.

The boys started preseason and currently they're in New York to play the Knicks so they left last night.

So yeah...Jordy left.

But it's okay because he'll be back tomorrow.

He made it my duty to understand to NOT have this baby while he's gone. Even though it's just a day...

Flashback

"Don't have my son while I'm gone or it's gon' be me and you." He said sternly.

"You know, these threats make me feel all tingly inside." I said and he laughs.

Before I knew what was going on, I feel a hand wrap around my throat before turning around making heavy eye contact with Jordan.

"If I come back to my son no longer being in your belly, I'ma seriously fuck you up. You understand me?" He mumbled and I raise my eyebrows as I cross my legs.

"Loud and clear."

Flashback over

So yeah, Baby Poole better keep it cute. Because daddy's not about to be mad at us.

Speaking of 'Baby Poole,' we finally figured out a name. We can't wait to share it with you guys...

But right now I just pulled up at work after taking the kids to school. I grab my bag hopping out the car before walking towards the building.

I wait right at the entrance desk before paging damn near all the surgeons in the hospital along with the Chief.

After about 10 minutes they're all here, including Dr. Avery, Roman, and Elijah.

"What's this about Steele?" Someone asked.

"Listen up." I said standing up on the steps in front of everybody.

"These past couple months since I've been back, every time some shit happens and I need you all to do your fucking jobs, I have to end up doing it myself. Brain surgeries, heart surgeries, delivering babies, everything." I began.

"I will be 33 weeks pregnant tomorrow and you all will not be disturbing my peace, I promise you that. These next couple weeks, I want to allow myself to commit to my melanoma trials and surgeries on BONES.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely enjoyed it and I love that I'm in the midst of getting my very own procedure, it's an honor. But, I WORK ON BONES. And it's annoying that I have to practically beg you all to let me do just that." I said shaking my head.

"My patients for my trials come in today, and I'd like to dedicate my time to them. So, I don't care what fucking injuries come through the ER, take them. Do your jobs and do not contact me unless you are truly unable to do so.

And as for my Orthopedic surgeries, I will be working on them completely alone. No one will be in the OR with me. My patient will be put to sleep and everybody is free to be up in the viewing room. But I need time to myself.

These are my requests. I'm not asking you to accommodate them, I'm telling you." I said sternly.

"Now, if we're on the same page. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go do my job. THE ACTUAL ONE." I said walking past everybody heading to the elevator hearing footsteps behind me.

I step in turning around seeing Dr. Avery, Roman, and Elijah walking in as Roman hits the button to head upstairs.

"You good?" Dr. Avery asked and I nod.