Chapter one: Bonfire stories come to life

After going through a process of going into the sunlight and experiencing a new feeling of relief, the sky kids settled down on a bonfire circle. Although it was daytime and the sun was fully up, the fire still burned brightly, with its light raining on their faces.

Bunny put her head on Spinny's shoulder and Spinny leaned back, eventually nodding off at one of Nat's stories about people falling in love but breaking up a few minutes into the story. Which is strange because it felt like she was talking about real stories, but whatever.

The spirit's probably gave them little hints of their lives and gave it to them, as a gift of light and inspiration. Words, feelings, actions all portrayed the story, or more likely, stories.

"The fire is warm, but not hot enough to burn us apparently" Veruska observed, "do you think it's another source of light?" she turned to Gabz, but it looked like she wasn't even paying attention.

"Yeah, definitely" she muttered under her breath.

"Let me try" Adora said as she stood up in stood on the fire for a brief moment, "I suppose it is a light source, it feels different somehow".

"Are we ready to go now?" Skyler asked, "it's actually getting a bit boring without anything going on".

"Yeah, let's go!" Bunny agreed enthusiastically as she attempted to fly off. 

"Bunny no!" Spinny cried as they tried to reach for Bunny, but they were too late.

"Let's see what happens to her now" Gabz said. And indeed, Bunny was swept up by the wind and ended up tumbling into the bonfire.

"Oof" Bunny muttered as she struggled to get up.

"Lesson learned, don't be impatient" Ace said as he slowly got up from the logs that surrounded the bonfire. 

They looked at each other and nodded. The linked hands and ran in sync as they went up the forests' door and jumped to the other side. 

The wind blew hard on their faces as they soared through the clouds with the milky white birds. They flew fast, which made the adults slightly green but the kids were enjoying it. In fact, Bunny was screaming a grin on her face. Spinny was joining in as well. 

"WOOOOHOOOO!" Bunny yelled as the wind carried her words, making every other bird bump into each other.

"I think I'm gonna be sick" Gabz said as she covered her mouth, turning slightly green.

"Same here though" Adora agreed, copying Gabz.