𝟒 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

Ryuji swallowed thickly before shaking his head, "No, I will tell them.....when I'm ready,"

Kagaya deep down knew Ryuji was quietly trying to hold back his tears, his anguish and pain after losing everyone within the village. Soon after discussing plans on a proper burial, and what their next move is, Ryuji couldn't help but feel frustrated. He wasn't sure how to focus, afraid that that very man will come for his siblings.

Will he be strong enough to defend them?

~*~

A YEAR LATER - IN THE MOUNTAINS - (Hayami (10 y/o)

Hayami's eyes narrowed while swinging her blade, swiping from left to right. Beneath the blindfold, she tried sensing everything around herself. Taking in her surroundings she could hear the wind pounding against her ears, the rushing water of the waterfall just a few clicks away. 

The crunchy autumn leaves crunch beneath her, while trying to challenge herself. She remembered why she's training, she remembered the purpose of why she chose to follow the path of a slayer. It was her dream, her goal and now she finally got the opportunity to prove her late parents.

Sharply inhaling she felt someone's presence, before snapping around taking the person down. She couldn't make whom it was, but when she paused her attack she peeled the cloth away, to see her brother.

"Good job little moon," Natsu laughed, while clapping loudly. "Seriously your sensing abilities have gotten stronger, we should spar someday."

She punched him playfully, "Don't scare me like that!" She hissed through her teeth, before he ruffled her dark cyan hair.

"So, you're scared then!" he teased, while raising his eyebrows. She whips the wooden blade aiming at his chest, as his eyes widen. "Wha--......Hayami.."

"Big bro, shouldn't you be training?" She tilted her head up, angling her blade. 

He steered the blade away with his finger, "I'm on break at the moment, Sensei told me to check up on you," he replied, before gesturing to follow him. "Lunch is ready, and you barely eat....so please come down?"

She glanced down hesitantly, before sighing deeply.

"Fine,"

The two began walking down the mountain hearing the wind rushing through the growth of trees, as leaves fall gracefully in the air. Overtime Natsu and Hayami have formed a stronger bond than before, as he finally started to understand that Hayami knew what she was doing. He began to understand Ryuji's point of view, as he soon started believing in Hayami himself. 

With only seeing Ryuji every once and a while, he has changed. Grown a little older, mature especially for someone who's already fourteen. Natsu strived to become like him, so he could protect Hayami. The two boys felt that strong need to protect her, knowing she's the rock that kept them both together.

"We're back Sensei, lunch ready?" Natsu asked, while entering the wood cabin. 

The old man glanced up with a crooked smile, "You look dirty, once you're done training you must clean up, alright?"

"Yes, sensei,"

The two soon sat together and clasped their hands, thanking for their meal and began to eat. The warm bowl of rice welcomed Hayami's taste buds, as she hums softly while chewing quietly savouring it. She realised how hungry she was, finally sitting after hours of training.

"So......my boy, you ready for the final selection?" Their sensei questioned him, while he grins.

He nods, "Heck yeah, finally I can catch up to older brother!" he exclaimed, while muffling with rice in his mouth. Bits of rice grain traced around his lips, while grinning.