Weddings

Athena sat in her bed chambers with her mother and Ella "You remember what I told you before coming here right?" her mother asked from the seat beside her table

Athena sat in her bed chambers with her mother and Ella "You remember what I told you before coming here right?" her mother asked from the seat beside her table. The princesses looked up from her book to her mother.

Of course she remembered what her mother had told her it was what would happen after the wedding ceremony. her mother had explained it as something terrible that would happen, that it would hurt, and that if she closed her eyes it would be over quickly. How many people would watch them and be allowed to touch them. 

"Of course mother" The girl said moving to the seat next to her mother so the hand maidens could start on her hair. "Good, I don't want you to go into it unprepared like me" The Queen said. The girl looked to her mother and gave her a sad smile. She new how horrible her mother and fathers wedding was how people watched them, she was not looking forward to it. Her mother grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze before getting up and kissing her head.

The girl looked at herself in the mirror a sad look on her face. She remembered when her father and mother where happy it was brief but they were happy. It had been each time one of her siblings were born, but it never lasted.

"I know she is the queen and your mother but don't listen to her, the first time i was with my husband it was wonderful" Ella told her grabbing the girls hand to comfort her. Ella had been in the room when her mother told her how her wedding night had went.

Athena smiled "Thank you" the girl smiled, thankful for Ellas reassuring words. Ella was finishing the final touches in the girls hair when a knock was heard on the door. The girl looked to the door mumbling a quick "come in" her father walked in a bright smile "My lovely Athena, you look beautiful my dear" he said, there was no doubt that the king loved his daughter it was clear as day that she was his favorite child. "Father" the girl stood up running into her fathers arms. " i have something for you" her father said as he pulled out a small crown one that belonged to her grandmother. "Oh father thank you" she said walking back to her seat so Ella could put it in her hair. Ella walked to the girls bed grabbing the yellow cloak with black stags embroidered on it.

The girl looked in the mirror her hair was in its naturally wavy state with the front section of her hair pinned up into a bun and the rest lest flowing down her back, with her grandmothers crown in her hair. she wore a beautiful white dress it had long sleeves that were made of tulle, the top of the dress was heart shaped. Athenas waist was emphasized by the jewel  belt.   

The wedding would be at the godswood tree in front of the old gods and the seven.  She smiled to her self before getting up and walking to Ella for her cloak. The girl looked to her father, he had tears in his eyes his little girl was getting married. "I cant believe my little girl is getting married" her father said grabbing his daughters hand. She smiled brightly before towards him before wrapping her arms around of him "I'll always be your little girl" she told him as she felt his grip tighten.

As they finally let each other go Athena moved towards Ella as the hand maiden wrapped the cloak around her. Athena nodded before moving back towards her father. Her father stuck his arm out the girl gripped his arm tightly, she was nervous she would be a fool not to be.

The three walked out of the room the girl holding on tightly to her father as they walked towards the godswood. As they approached the crowd Ella quietly snuck away. 

"Are you ready?" her father asked. The girl looked at him then back to Robb who stood in front of the Weirwood tree. "Yes" she smiled. It was true the girl was nervous but she liked Robb and knew she would grow to love him.

Athena and her father walked down the path that was dimly lit by lanterns. As her blue eyes looked up she locked eyes with Robb, she noticed that he was as nervous as her. Athena ignored the looks from everyone in the crowd, her only focus on Robb. Once Athena and her father reached the end of the aisle, Robert kissed Athena cheek before walking to stand withe Anne and Cersei.

The Septon turned to Robb who over the course of the week learned the new traditions of the seven from his mother. "You may now cloak the bride and bring her under your protection" the Septon spoke to him.

Athena turned her back to Robb unclipping her cloak, as he grabbed his, it was a dark grey one with black dire wolves embroidered on it. Robb placed his cloak over her shoulders. Athena turned back towards the Septon as the two now stood side by side "My Lords, my Ladies, we stand here in the sights of the gods and men to witness the union of man and wife. One flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever" the Septon said as Athena and Robb held hands in front of the Septon as he wrapped a ribbon around their hands.

"Let it be known that Robb of house Stark and Athena of house Baratheon are one heart, one soul, one flesh. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder. In the sight of the seven and the old gods, I hereby seal these two soul, binding them as one for eternity" the Septon the unraveled the ribbon, metaphorically joining them together for the rest of their lives. "Look upon each other and say the words" the Septon commanded. the two turned to each other repeating the words "Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger. I am his/hers, and she/he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days"

With the end of their words the Septon signaled for Robb to kiss his bride.  Athena smiled up to Robb before grabbed her cheeks kissing her lips, she moved her arms so they were wrapped around his neck. Once the two pulled away, the crowd cheered then the feast began.

🏰🏰🏰🏰🏰