01.

"sunoo!"

the words escaped sunghoon's lips in a scream as he heard the ice crack and watched as sunoo's body slipped into the ice cold water below them.

the male screamed for help as he slid across the ice and frantically tried to pull sunoo out, struggling as the cold water weighed down the winter gear sunoo had been wearing.

"somebody help!" sunghoon screamed, ignoring the way his hands and arms stung from frigid water.

a group of men who'd arrived to go sledding on the nearby hill rushed across the ice and practically pushed sunghoon out of the way, one of them pulling the male to safety as he dialed an number for an ambulance to come.

"please you have to save him, he's just a kid!" sunghoon cried, watching as the men struggled pull sunoo from the water.

sunghoon wasn't dumb. he'd paid attention in school and he knew that after four minutes  the survival rate of a drowning victim was extremely low and it had been nearly five minutes since sunoo had fallen in.

"we got him!" one of the men hollered as they pulled sunoo's body from the water.

his fingers had already begun to turn purple from the freezing temperatures of the water and he barely had a pulse as they began doing cpr to try and save his life.

"how did this happen?" the man who'd pulled sunghoon away asks.

"it was an accident, i didn't think the ice would break. its all my fault..." sunghoon explained as the sound of sirens caught their attention and an ambulance sped into view.

"hes not breathing!" the man yells as the paramedics rushed to sunoo's aid.

"weak pulse," one of the paramedics yells as the men back up to give them space.

"we need to get him the hospital immediately. his body temperature is extremely low," the female paramedic said, motioning for the other medics to bring the stretcher over.

sunghoon darted across the ice as they began loading sunoo's body on the stretcher. he grabbed onto sunoo's fragile hand, almost gasping at how cold it was and he followed the stretcher as the medics guided it through the snow to the ambulance.

"does he have any health conditions?" the female medic asks.

"he's had leukemia. he went into remission two days ago," sunghoon answered as he stood beside the stretcher and walked with the medics through the snow.

"he's going to live right?" sunghoon asks.

"i don't know," the female medic answers, "i'll try my best to keep him alive."

what if it didn't work?

what if he dies?

it'd be all his fault.

"its my fault..." sunghoon whimpers. "this is all my fault."