2

Kendall and Logan were led out of the room and into the front room where Karen stood holding a folder. "This is Liam's folder. It's all the information we have on him. He was brought here a few months ago when his parents were arrested for running a drug cartel out of their house. All signs point to Liam being neglected and possibly abused although he really hasn't said much about it. I have a car seat here for you guys as well. He really doesn't have that much stuff, some of his clothes don't even fit and he only has that one stuffy. He's not potty trained and because of his abuse, he might be late to the game on that end as well as walking he still hasn't walked. The doctors say it's because of the abuse and neglect."

"Who could abuse this bundle of joy my god?" Kendall barked grabbing Logan's hand.

"I know I know. He's safe now though. I can already tell you two are going to be amazing parents. Oh and here he is." Kendall and Logan turned around to see Liam being carried out by the woman who was in the room earlier with another woman carrying his bags behind.

"Hey Li," Kendall said. "Ready to go home sweetheart?" Liam nodded. "Come to Daddy then sweetie."' Kendall instantly found his arms full of Liam and he kissed the boy. "You say bye bye to all your friends Li." Liam waved goodbye and Kendall carried the boy out to the car. When they got to the car,

Logan began installing the car seat while Kendall rocked the boy a bit. When Logan finished installing the seat, Kendall went to place the boy in it but Liam clung on to Kendall for dear life. "Hey it's okay baby, let's sit in the car seat okay baby?"

"No car, no car. Please no car" Liam cried as he clung to Kendall. Logan quickly came over to the two.

"Shh, how bout Daddy sits next to you in the car sweetheart?" Logan said, rubbing the boy's back. Liam nodded so Logan took Liam from Kendall and sat in his car seat. Meanwhile Kendall went around and got into the other side of the car sitting next to the boy.

"It's alright sweetheart, it's just a car. We're going to the toy store, love" Kendall shushes the whining of Liam.

"TOY STORE?" Liam asked excitedly to which Kendall and Logan both chuckled.

"Yeah baby, Daddy and Papa are going to get you a lot of toys" Logan said.

"Li Li only has Spot," Liam says, holding up his stuffed dog. "Always wanted more friends for Spot." Logan and Kendall once again find themselves both sadly smiling. They both lock eyes for a second in the rear view mirror exchanging a look that says that their baby will never know what it feels like to not have toys again.

"Well then, we'll have to find Spot more friends at the store won't we sweetheart?" Kendall said and the boy's eyes lit up.

"Really Dada?" Liam asked as if he was in utter shock that he was going to get toys.

"Of course sweetheart. Anything for you Liam." So the new family started to drive to the store with Kendall successfully distracting the boy by feeding him some snacks. Eventually the family got out of the car and Kendall carried the boy inside.

"Let's get a stroller first so you don't have to carry him the whole time" Logan told Kendall once they were inside.

"Okay but for the record I like carrying him because it's like a big hug" Kendall replied to the laughter of Logan.

"In twenty years your back will be killing you if you carry him everywhere Kendall" Logan laughed as they walked towards the stroller section. "Ah here's the section, how's this one babe?"

"I like it. It has a shade protector and he faces us so he can see us."

"Perfect I'll go ring it up and then meet you here and we'll put him in it" Logan said as he took the stroller and headed to the cashier leaving Kendall and Liam. As Liam saw Logan disappearing, Liam began to cry.

"Papa!" Kendall shushed him, bouncing the boy a bit.

"Shh, it's okay baby boy. Papa's just going to buy the stroller and then he'll come back with it."

"Papa come back?" Liam asked.

"Yes baby, Papa will be right back. We'll never leave you sweetheart okay?"

"Want Papa" Liam just continued to cry as Kendall held him and rocked him trying to calm him. Finally after what felt like ages for the two, but really was just a few short minutes. Logan came back pushing the stroller. "PAPA!" Liam shouted and Logan grabbed him from Kendall.

"Hey baby, what's with the tears?" Logan asked the boy while he held him close.

"Papa leave" Liam mumbled into the sleeve of Logan. Logan in turn cupped the boy's cheek and kissed him.

"No sweetheart, Papa just went to buy the stroller. I'll never leave you baby" Logan assured the boy. "Sweetheart, let's go in your stroller. We're gonna go buy some toys sweetheart." Logan tried to lower Liam in the stroller.

"No, nooo. Wanna stay with you. No stroller." Logan turned to Kendall.

"Sweetheart, you need to sit in it so we can get toys. Come on, love I'll give you your stuffy. Here's Spot sweetheart" Logan said as Kendall handed him the stuffy and Logan was able to strap Liam into the stroller.

"Here baby, have some goldfish" Kendall says as he hands the goldfish to the boy. The boy instantly grabs the goldfish and begins eating them and the couple coos. "Alright let's get some clothes and then some toys." So the couple pushed the stroller around the baby area. They grabbed a ton of clothes, cooing at the adorable selection and imagining the boy looking so cute in the clothes. They then grab packages of diapers, wipes, and rash cream as well as pacifiers and bottles. To give credit to Liam, he was extremely patient as the couple walked around buying items that he truly didn't care about. All he cared about was the toys he was promised. At the 40 minute mark, Liam started whining and Kendall looked down. "Alright baby, you were very patient my love. Let's get you some toys."

So the couple headed to the toy section and allowed Liam to pick out a bunch of stuffed animals. Meanwhile, Logan grabbed a ton of other toys just to have around the house. The family paid for everything and headed home.

When they got home, Kendall and Logan took the baby upstairs. "Ready to see your room sweetheart?" Logan asked as he opened the door. Kendall who was holding Liam in his arms. Liam gasped as he saw the painted room with books everywhere and even more toys. Also in the room was a crib, changing table, rocking chair, bookshelf. "Do you like it sweetheart?" Kendall asked.

"Yes Daddy. Love it. Thank you Daddy thank you Papa!" Both men kissed Liam.

"You're very welcome. Alright baby boy, time for a diapy change and then a bottle and nap." Kendall said as he laid the boy down on the changing table.

"I'll go make his bottle" Logan said as he headed back downstairs. Liam was about to protest his nap but he yawned and didn't have the energy to do so. Kendall grabbed the baby wipes and slid Liam's pants down and opened the diaper. Liam squirmed to avoid the touch.

"Li Li, hold still for Daddy, '' Kendall said softly. "You made a peepe. I gotta clean you sweetheart." Liam let out a cry.

"No hurt Li Li" the boy cried and Kendall instantly stopped changing him.

"Sweetheart, Daddy would never hurt you, love. You're safe, I'm not going to hurt you I promise neither is Papa. I just wana clean you up because you pee peed and if I don't, you'll get ouchie rashes. We can't have that right Li Li." Liam seemed to calm down and so Kendall began wiping the boy and soon has him in a fresh diaper with his new PJs on. Logan returned with a bottle and so Kendall sat in the rocking chair and fed the boy until his eyes slowly closed. Kendall gently placed Liam in his crib placing Spot next to him and a pacifier in his mouth. Both men kissed Liam's forehead and stepped back from the crib wrapping their arms around each other's shoulders. This is their life now.