Chapter 2

L had slept much more than he had intended to.

He had planned on waking up at about 5:30ish, when it was still dark outside. Nobody would know he slept.

However, when L woke up, it was from bright light in his eyes. He turned to face away from the irritating exposure, and Light was still asleep next to him. The room was hot from the open curtains streaming sunlight in. His hair was sticking to his forhead, and his shirt was constricting him. L jumped out of bed and checked the time.

9:48.

He shook Light awake rather roughly and threw the covers off of him.

"Light we overslept. Get up." He whispered loudly.

Light jumped out of bed much like L had, and ran to his dresser for some clothes. L stripped as well, his sticky skin becoming unbearable in his long sleeve.

After getting dressed in record time, Light brushed his hair - L didn't know why; bedhead looked good on Light - and they went downstairs.

Soichiro was explaining something to Matsuda, while the others silently worked. The Resident Pair Of Idiots snuck into the kitchen, and L grabbed 2 donuts (one plain and disgusting, one filled with rasberry jam).

When they sat down, L offered the plain one to Light. The boy thanked him, and began eating it with his almond milk.

Poor Light, L thought. Lactose intolerance truly is Gods way of singling out the weakest ones.

Then he wondered what one would drink if they were lactose intolerant AND allergic to nuts.

Soy milk, his brain said helpfully.

L shook his head. Soy milk tasted like play dough, but less salty and full of sadness.

Light looked over at L. His super concentrated expression gave Light hope that the Kira case would progress soon.

"What are you thinking about?" Light said, hoping for a lead.

"Important detective stuff." L responded.

Would you just forfit milk entirely and take calcium pills, or say "milk is delicuous" and risk it all? Was the actual thoughts going through L's big genius head at the moment.

"Ah. Understood." Light nodded and turned back to his work. He prayed to god that L was actually thinking of super important stuff at the moment.

He prayed that L would notice that his shirt was on backwards

He did not say anything.

It was his own silent victory for the day

*