»»---「 MBTITSEYE | ‭‭ TYPING PRISM BASED ON COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS 」

ill insert channel banner later

┏━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┓
-ˋˏ TYPING PRISM BASED ˎˊ-
-ˋˏ ON COGNITIVE FUNCTIONSˎˊ-
┗━━━━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━━━━┛

┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

Hello! Since in a recent poll, majority of voters voted that they wanted kpop idols to be the subject of the new series of people I'm analysing. This is interesting as MBTI has been a trendy topic in South Korea but obviously they haven't heard about the cognitive functions and mainly use the five dichotomies - (introversion vs extroversion for example), which is not 100% accurate to MBTI. Everytime I hear an idol say "I'm more extroverted now that I'm EXXX-X" I just feel a piece of myself die inside.

For this series, I'll be starting off with my ult group - PRISM since they've been one of the few groups with a large amount of content I've actually kept up with, along with SEVENTEEN and EQUINOX.

A disclaimer before I start, but I'd like to clarify that my words are not part of a gospel or anything. You can feel free to disagree in the comments but make sure you're constructive and not destructive. I am typing them based on MY understanding of cognitive functions and there may be misconceptions on my part. Ultimately, typology is very subjective and everyone's idea of each cognitive functions may be slightly different, but not WAY off.

Without further ado, let's get right into the individual members, in the order of the members' ages.

┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈
. . . ➴ GUNO !

GUNO's official MBTI : INTJ
My Type For Him : INTJ (Ni-Te-Fi-Se)

He's my bias in the group, as he's the most similar to me: both INTJ and a huge MBTI nerds and thus, he was the member who was the easiest for me to reach a conclusion on.

I think GUNO claiming that Ni (introverted intuition) is his dominant speaks very much true for him. Based on textbook definition, Ni is used when one process information subconsciously by forming patterns they're used to in their heads and are often concerned with speculating how things will turn out and no matter what, will always strive to pursue what they think or believe is the best possible outcome. Ni users (xNxJ) are usually known for being excellent planners for this reason and I do think this holds true for GUNO and why PRISM trust him (and ETHAN) to plan for the future.

His secondary function, Te (extroverted thinking) is shown to be rather developed, maybe sometimes too developed to the point he can cause some friction sometimes. Frankly, it's something I struggle with from time to time. Te is the act of applying group logic. Contrary to its introverted counterpart (introverted thinking), instead of looking at things logically that makes sense to them/their gut feeling, they prefer to look at things that are considered (what they think are) factual. This paired with Ni, enables him to make decisions based on objective criteria.

I've seen debates among cognitive nerds that he could be ENTJ instead (TeNi). Aside from those arguing he's extroverted, some actually do believe he seem to use extroverted thinking more and while I see where they're coming from, I do think he perceives more than he judges. He may be loud from time to time, but if you keep a close look on him, you'd realize how he tends to keep to himself, and I do think he's using that alone time to take seek out patterns within himself.

┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈
. . . ➴ ETHAN !

ETHAN's official MBTI : INFJ
My Type For Him : INFJ (Ni-Fe-Ti-Se)