ACT TWO.

cheerybIossoms © 2022

originally published — september 11th, 2022

status — act two completed november 10th, 2022

━━━━━━🕷━━━━━━

IF YOU HAD TOLD CECELIA a year and a half ago that she would eventually become one of New York's most beloved vigilantes, she would have laughed in your face. The idea of her, a lowly servant to her uncle and Adrian Toomes, becoming someone good and beloved was so absurdly ridiculous that it could never be something other than a joke. She's not the hero of anyone's story. She's a henchman, a lackey, the expendable employee who gets her hands dirty. She's the one who gets beaten up by the hero when she stands between him and the final boss.

Yet, somehow, this is exactly what's happened. Now known around New York by her alias, Phantom, Cecelia stops crime and saves lives beside Spider-Man, the infuriating web-slinger she used to consider her enemy. Surprisingly a good team, she and Peter manage to track down kidnappers, give old ladies their snatched purses back, and save cats from trees all while managing to get home before curfew. 

That's not even the strangest part of it all, though. No, that would be the fact that they're both now the personal interns of Tony Stark, who has turned out not to be so bad after all. Now, Cecelia is still tucked away in a lab to manufacture technology, but this time it's for a good reason—she's helping save the world, one water filter at a time.

But maybe she should've thought twice about letting herself get familiar with her new life. Because just when she's settling into things, disaster quite literally strikes. And this isn't supposed to be a world where an alien invasion is just the start of the madness, but that's what it turns out to be.

Now, Cecelia must become more than just a vigilante. Because a looming threat approaches, threatening to wipe out everything she knows and loves. If she does nothing, it'll prevail. But if she dons her mask and becomes a superhero?