Sisterly Moments

Once I entered my room, I shut the door fast and fell to the floor balling my eyes out. She was very upset and sad about everything that has just happened.
     Was I alone at this point. I thought the whole dinner again and again and I realized my brother wanted me to leave home to make deals with the new French nobles. It might be worse then the London social season but I had already agreed.
     Then I thought about Penelope and what she said just now. I then looked around at my room finding everything she sees to somehow relate to Penelope. This just made me tear more and more.
     I then got up sighing sitting on my bed throwing off my top coat of my outfit chucking it across the room.
    After I threw the overcoat, I heard a knock on the door. It was Daphne, "Eloise can you please open this door so we can talk?"
     I sighed not wanting to talk to someone but feeling bad at the same time as well. She decided to tell her she could come in. "It's open Daphne." I spoke sighing not feeling happy.
     Daphne slowly walked into the door not making any noise and then closed the door lightly as she then sits next to me on my bed.
     "Why did you follow me Daphne" I said as I knew she usually didn't follow me when I was upset. Daphne usually didn't care about this stuff with me but maybe her having kids made her change.
"Cause my dear sister I care about you and I thought you would need some company so your mind won't wander." Daphne always cared about me and I knew that forever. Since she was not around as often anymore she wanted to spend as much time as she could with me of course when I was not busy.
I smiled as I held her hand. "Well sister. I think your right. I was about to get upset about woman's rights and get super rude and upset again Daphne." I looked at her as I rubbed Daphne's hand caring about her. She always cared about me which makes me feel okay. Oh how I wish she still lived here and that stupid social season did not happen where she met that damn duke.
Daphne chuckled and kissed my forehead. "I hope my newly born daughter turns out just like you Eloise, why I have her middle name as Eloise after you." Daphne spoke with her happy smile.
"Oh Daphne. I am so honored. I didn't think you would. Anyways what is your daughters first name?" I said curiously. Honestly I didn't know what her daughters name was since she never told any of us.
"Well Eloise got better not make fun of what I named her. I know you will hate this name but it was so fitting for her." Daphne then softly fixed her hair as she chuckled more. Daphne really was a good person. Even though sometimes she makes me do things I don't like.
"Oh Daphne what could possibly be so bad about it. Why would I be mad about what you named your own flesh and blood Daph." I said as I chuckled pushing her hand aside from my hair jokingly just playing around slightly and respectfully.
Daphne laughed at the way I spoke and then she started to tell me. "Well, named her." She took a pause taking a deep breathe in. "Marie Eloise Basset" Daphne then looked at me nervously.
I started to laugh. "Are you joking, why Marie sister, so you want your daughter to be cut off at the head!" I said full of jokingly pleasure of how I said it but also a little upset about why my sister named her child Marie instead of Violet after our mother.
Daphne looked at me like she though I was being rude as she put her hand on her heart. "Wow Eloise I am so offended by your statement. I know you would say that and I am serious El. Me and Simon wanted to name her Marie and I insisted on naming her middle name after my favorite sister."
"Don't flatter me Daphne. You still did go against mothers wishes." I looked her into the eyes half concerned.
Daphne got up from my bed going into my chair I had crossing her legs. "Well I am naming my second daughter after her."
"Oh so Daphne how many children are you going to have then... and why put yourself through that" I hated the idea of woman just caring babies with out another purpose in life.
"But I love him Eloise, it's so much fun Ohh he cares so much and our sex is amazing"
"Sister stop I do not want to hear about you sex life, that is very gross" I hated talking about sex in general. I knew I didn't want to do it to please a man or mostly anything. I just wanted to care about the people I love in my life, my family and close friends.
Daphne rolled her eyes as she pulled out her journal and started to read some mother advice from noble woman as she hums a Mozart song quietly. How I Hated Mozart. He's too overused for me. I preferred the lease known artists of music in the Eighteenth Century.
I then grab my book about woman's rights smiling knowing it would piss off Daphne's conservative views of woman she had unlike me. I always liked being annoying to her especially since I am right about my beliefs and she is wrong.
Daphne looked up at me and saw what I was reading immediately getting up and ripping it up. "Eloise you can't read this stuff, you must be a proper woman sister. Your going to France very soon and they care about proper woman there!"
"Well then Daph they will just have to deal with me then" I said smirking not caring about the proper stuff of life. I just care more about rights for all woman including me and my sisters of course. I always made sure they will have the freedom I am trying to give to the rest of the world.
She just laughed. "Oh classic Eloise I do wish you the best of luck you know. I hope no one ever tries to hurt your fighting spirit sister."
"Oh Daphne I will never, my fighting spirit is my life and if that dies I die too" I was serious with that. I could not live if I was some girl... some girl who fell into social normalcy especially.
Daphne chuckled. "I must go, I have to feed my baby dear sister, unless you want to join and keep me company?"
I looked at her with a slight smile. "Of course I would love to keep you not bored. I will be there in a few minutes my dear sister."
Daphne walked out and closed the door as I sighed in relief a second after the door shut. I looked around my room as I grabbed my book and looked at it and sighed. Then I threw the book onto the floor and stepped on it.
The reason I stepped on the book was due to it being a freedom of woman's rights book and I am starting to feel this book had failed me. Why did I have to go to France... ugh they oppressed woman something worse then the social season of England but maybe it will be alright.
After that I then sighed fixing my headband and I walked out of the room, closing the door then walking to the room my sister was staying in.