𝟑 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

"Stand up Yami, we need to be prepared," Ryuji spoke more sternly than before, but soon the smokey smell soon becomes stronger. Turning around sharply the light begins to brighten the dark night, as flames engulf the house.

"Father!!!!" 

"Mother!!!!"

Their blood curdling cries were deafening, they didn't sense the strange presence behind them. "We should go grab General Haruki!" Yui went to run off, but Asami latched around her tiny wrist.

"No, we must stay together," She warned the young child, before suddenly the sound of the building begins to creak beneath the flames. 

Hayami's widen while watching it soon collapse, her hand covering her wound tightly. The pain was throbbing, but her fear numbed it. "Where are the twins?"

Just when Asami spoke up something was thrown to the ground into the snow, causing the children to jump. Yet when Ryuji stepped closer, blood soon starts to soak into the pure snow. His eyes slowly widened with horror, recognising who it was. His heart sank, when a figure approaches them.

"Too bad he was young, but I couldn't help myself," the figure spoke up, his face was covered in the darkness. "He would've grown into a nuisance in the future for me, so......"

The children turned to the man but Asami stood before them, hands over the frightened children.

"H-How could you?" her voice wavered.

"What? Thought I would give you the head of the eldest twin," He laughed sadistically, as Hayami's eyes widen in horror turning back to see it was indeed Katsu's head. She covered her mouth, trying to prevent throwing up while kicking the snow in front to get away. Her heart hammered, while suddenly when she faces the mysterious man, Asami's body drops before them. Blood sprays flicking across the sea of snow, with a thump her body goes.

"Lady Asami?" Hayami's voice breaks, while Riku and Yui run away from the body and behind Ryuj and Hayami. 

"I'm not sorry, you're just pathetic creatures....."

Without warning the man disappears before the children to make a run for a it, when suddenly a larger body shields the children. Their eyes widen seeing General Haruki already here, but they saw blood coating his chin. Wounds scattered across his body, while his chest heaved from the intense battle in the other building.

"Children.......we're alone on this," he informs them all, sweat glistening across his bloodied face. "Run, I will buy you children some time."

"But--"

"Just go!"

Ryuji took hold of Riku placing him on his back, when suddenly someone approaches them before seeing it was Natsu. Without another word he grabs Yui, and took Hayami's hand to make a run for it. The snow crunches beneath their feet, not knowing where to go or what to do. But to survive.

~*~

Everything was soon a blur as Hayami saw her two younger siblings lay in the snow, blood pooling beneath them. It was like they were being picked off, one by one. Her eyes were wide, her breath soon quickens feeling a panic attack surfacing. Shaking her head Ryuji took her hand, as they kept running through the thick forest. They had to run, they had to find safety.

"Come on!" Ryuji growls to himself, trying to not allow himself to falter. For the sake of his only siblings, Natsu and Hayami. 

Suddenly something tugged him back, only to feeling Hayami's grip being ripped away from him.