𝟑 | 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

The children were alarmed by the noise, when suddenly the sound got louder reaching the children within the dining room. Asami sharply grabbed Riku and Yui just in time, before the fusuma wall collapsed upon the table. The children scream in response, before the demon snapped her head around searching for the fresh meat she could sense.

"H-How did a d-demon--?" Asami cried out, when she noticed Hayami paralyzed with fear. "Hayami!"

Hayami's ears were muffled, only to see the demon before her.

"Hayami, run!!!" Asami cried out, while trying to get the two younger ones to safety. The demon's eyes landed upon Hayami, before swiping towards her. Hayami's hair was cut slightly, missing her face by a few inches. She swallowed thickly, before recognising the demon.

"M-Mother?"

"Hayami, get out of the way!!!" Hiroshi yelled, about to fight the beast by hand instead. He couldn't allow himself to hurt her, he didn't want to believe it was his wife. Yet, this very demon was his own, loving wife.

Meanwhile at the gate of the Mizutsuki estate, stood Fuji Suzuki.

A wide grin curls upon his pale complexion, before tilting his head up revealing his blood red eyes. "It's finally begun,"

~*~

Blood draws from Hiroshi's forehead while panting heavily, trying to not draw his nichirin blade. He can't, he mustn't. Suddenly he was thrown across through three fusuma walls, while the demon grabs Hayami who tried to run. She screamed out thrashing against the demons hold, as the demon's mouth salivated.

"Blood, need...blood!" It screamed, widening it's jaws to Hayami's shoulder.

Hayami's heart was racing while trying to get the demon to release her, but the demons strength was too strong. The demon's claws wrap around her tiny throat, while sizing it's first meal. It's nail draws along her throat lightly, when suddenly a flash charges in only to see a spray of blood. Hayami's screams out in pain, feeling the claws run up her throat and cheek before being released.

She gripped her wound tightly, with thick tears blurring her vision.

"Ryuji!!" She cried out, seeing her brother face to face with the devil. Nichirin blade in hand, he swipes towards the demon. He had no idea the very beast, was his own mother. He had no idea, and now he might end her life in an instant. 

Hiroshi's eyes widened, "Ryuji, it's....it's your mother!" 

Ryuji's eyes narrowed not letting his focus be let down, knowing the thing before him was no longer their mother no more. Their eyes bored into each other's souls, if looks could kill. Her eyes were no longer the ones that would comfort him, her soul left her. He grunts under her strength, as his feet slide across the floor. 

"Get everyone out of here!" Ryuji yelled, when Hiroshi stepped in shoving him out of the way. "Father, bu--"

"You go grab Hayami and the twins, I've got this!" Hiroshi yelled, but Ryuji shook his head. "This is an order!!!!!"

After awhile of hesitation Ryuji turns around shoving his blade into the scabbard and grabs Hayami, hearing her sobbing near his ear. He held her tightly wondering where his twin brothers are, but while running he could smell something. The smell was burning his nostrils and lungs, he found himself coughing before covering his mouth, with his free hand.

"Dammit," he muttered, before running outside.

He turned to see Asami outside with the two young ones, as he placed hayami safely upon the snow. Blood pours from her severe wound, seeing the snow being tainted. He hissed in frustration, before hearing the sound of screaming and yelling within the house. Hayami's body was trembling, before she collapsed to her knees.