"Have you been here before?" you ask and crumple the edge of the paper bag closed.

"Yes, a few times. The cake is superb."

"Hmm. What are you having?"

"Just a coffee," she shrugs.

"That's it?"

"I'm trying to save what I can," she answers, then averts her gaze and mumbles, "I don't want to be on the street again..."

That wasn't in her file...

"Two coffees and two pieces of your best cake," you tell the waiter and wave him off.

"I just told you I can't afford it!" she yells in a whisper across the table.

You wait for the server to disappear through the entrance before defending your decision. "I never said I was making you pay for it, fräulein. Now, talk."

She sulks for a minute, god only knows why, then finally asks, "What do you want to know first?"

"About your neighbours."

"Hmm, no one on the rest of the floor has shown any odd behavior, but as far as Loid goes, I honestly never see him. They're all asleep by the time I get home and they leave the house before I'm awake."

Just as I expected. Useless.

"Well except for that one night this week when I saw Yor coming home at two o'clock in the morning looking so exhausted she was nearly wobbling in her heels."

Slamming your hands down on the table and towering over her as you leap from your seat, you demand answers. "What?!! What the hell is my beloved sister doing out in the middle of the night!!?? Where was she coming from? Did you talk to her? Did she tell you what's wrong? Was she injured? Did you see blood? What was she wearing? Answer me, woman!!!"

She waves her hands in a peculiar motion as her eyes shift around the area and past you. Only when she apologizes to the waiter standing behind you with your order do you realize that you've knocked the chair over and made quite the scene.

After the coffee and cake are set out and you resume your spot at the table, she still doesn't provide you the information. Instead, she begins nibbling away at the dessert.

"Well?" you growl as quiet as you can for how furious you are.

"Well, have you calmed down, Mr. Briar? Several people are still watching us."

First rule of espionage, do not draw attention to yourself...

With a sigh you dig in, mulling over what you shouted for anything particularly problematic. At least ten minutes of silence passes between you two before she speaks again.

"Anyway, I was just closing my curtains for the night after letting in a little fresh air when I saw her coming up the stairs outside. It was dark, so I couldn't tell what she was wearing but it seemed to be all black."

"And?"

"And I waited around to ask her if she was okay, but she never came in. So, I went down to check on her thinking maybe she passed out, but I couldn't find her anywhere."

"Why didn't you tell me!?" you whisper through grit teeth.

"How am I supposed to get a hold of you, Mr. Speak when spoken to Briar?"

When you pinch the bridge of your nose and sigh in defeat, she continues abruptly, "But then, the next morning I heard all three of them going out. But I was half asleep so I didn't talk to them. I didn't bring it up after that either because I started to wonder if it was even her..."