Missing

Somehow or other, she didn't end up loathing you for the two months that culminated in that disastrous evening. Why you aren't sure, but you strongly suspect it's because she's keeping in mind that you've had the upper hand physically and politically from the beginning more than anything else. So, whatever you're avoiding labelling this, the two of you have returned to the same routine - fruitless interrogation over coffees, time wasted with irrelevant information over long walks, and a lot of dirty talk behind closed doors.

The last is probably the reason you wound up at the wirsthaus again tonight. But something is different about her today... Something is missing... You go through three cigarettes - watching her while she buzzes around the pub - before it becomes obvious. Immediately standing, you lock eyes with her across the room, then move to the stairs that lead to the suite of private rooms.

Flicking the ashes of another light to the hardwood floor, you glare across the table as she enters the room.

"Took you long enough, fräulein."

"What is it, Yuri? I'm working."

"Where are the earrings I gave you?" you demand - she's not wearing them for the first time in weeks.

"I left them at home," she says with a shrug.

A low growl marrs your voice as you ask why. She doesn't answer.

Wary glances, ashamed fidgeting, apologetic posture... What the hell is going on?

"There's no point lying to me, fräulein. Out with it," you seethe after a long drag.

"I lost them yesterday... on my way home after work..."

Trembling, watery eyes, downcast gaze...

"That's only half the truth at best. What are you hiding?" you counter - the paper burning right down to the filter with the next breath.

"Someone took them... They had a knife, so I gave them everything they asked for..."

You pinch the bridge of your nose in frustration and sigh, then rise from the booth.

She backs herself into the wall as you approach, wringing her skirt and blabbering all the while, "I'm sorry, Yuri... I really am... I'm sure they were expensive... I can pay you back in a month or two..."

She's absolutely infuriating. Snatching her chin between your thumb and forefinger and holding her fearful gaze, you hold back your rage just enough to spit, "It won't happen again, fräulein. Understood?"

She nods imperceptively. Only the terror in her eyes speaks of her comprehension. But you want to know she understands. You want to make her understand.

The usual plush feeling of her lips under yours isn't there. Stiff, resistant, she doesn't kiss you back until you're pressing her against the wall so hard she's forced to open her mouth to gulp down air. You don't give her a chance to breathe though - consuming her entirely before nipping at her jawline, up to her ear, and biting the spot where the studs you caught her ogling months and months ago should be.

"I'm sorry, Yuri," you hear her choke.

"Shut up," you snap a little harder than you meant to, pulling her waist flush to yours, biting down her neck, and dredging up blood under her soft skin.

The way she whines in your ear at the pain, the way she clings to your shoulders and gives her weight to you, the way she begs you not to mark her - you swear you'll go crazy before the night is over. Clearly, she still doesn't get it.

Shoving her uniform skirt up and yanking one knee over your hip, your gloved fingers grope into her soft flesh, tugging her to grind against the throbbing heat of your clothed length. You can already feel how slick she is from the way her panties slip and slide with the friction.