kang junmin was with them.

he wasn't alone; he had his buddies with him and by the look on donghyuck's face it was evident he wasn't enjoying his presence. they were enemies after all. but, somehow, donghyuck caught sight of hyerin across the club and they looked into each other's eyes. before she could look at him much longer, she felt the contents in her stomach coming back up so she beelined to the women's bathroom and locked herself into a stall.

a panic attack ensued when she was on the murky bathroom floors after having thrown up the chow mein she'd had for dinner. she tried to ground herself with the 3-3-3 rule.

three things she could see? a toilet, a door and a toilet paper dispenser. three things she could smell? that was a little more difficult. she could smell alcohol, the toilet water and a bit of the perfume she was wearing. three body parts she could move? her ankles, which she did, her wrists, she did again, and fingers.

after a few minutes of deep breaths, she was willing to come out of the stall and washed her face using the icy tap water to reduce her burning body temperature and to also calm her down even more.

"you're okay," she whispered to herself before walking out of the bathroom as if nothing had happened.

but she didn't want to stay there for much longer.

her eyes scanned the premise for myunghee but she was nowhere to be seen. she looked around but she still wasn't around which concerned her. hyerin wanted to leave but she didn't want to leave her drunk friend alone. she tried calling but the phone wasn't being picked up.

she could only think of one other thing to do.

quickly, she called dongmin to ask him to come and find myunghee and take her home which he had no problem doing so. as she waited for him to arrive, she did another lap around the club but was unsuccessful.

just as she went back around, she bumped into someone which snapped her back to reality.

it was jeno.

"hey." his lips formed a smile.

"hi."

that smile faded when he noticed she was on edge and that something was off.

"what's up?"

"have you seen myunghee?"

he shook his head.

"i can't find her anywhere and i need to tell her that i'm going home," she mumbled.

"do you have a ride home?"

"no, i was going to take-"

"i'll drive you," he offered.

she was surprised by his proposal. "it's fine i can go by bus."

"it's late and you're alone. i'll take you, no further arguments." his tone was serious. "i have to get donghyuck because i was his ride here."

so she was left alone for a minute or so as jeno went to retrieve donghyuck who came back with a bottle in hand. he eyed her and she did the same although she struggled to meet his gaze as all she wanted to do was get out of the club as quickly as possible.

donghyuck didn't say anything but he knew something was off. usually she'd have no problem looking at him dead in the eyes but tonight she avoided his gaze.

jeno went first out the door, hyerin followed and donghyuck went behind as they followed jeno to his car. she got into the back and the two boys got in the front. hyerin strapped her seatbelt on and gripped it as if, if she didn't, it would come off. as for the car ride, the first five minutes were complete silence until donghyuck started to fiddle around with the radio and changing stations. hyerin just looked out the window at the buildings passing by.

"did you speak to junmin?" jeno whispered over to donghyuck.

hyerin's ears pricked up in alert at his name.

she heard him scoff. "he did all of the talking."

jeno shared a look to donghyuck which he didn't acknowledge since he was looking out the window but hyerin did. his brows seemed to be lowered in concern and the corners of his lips were downturned. she didn't make a comment and just looked down at her hands resting on her lap.

"it's left here, right?"

her head snapped up to look at jeno in the rear-view mirror glancing at her with a warm smile.

she just gave him a simple nod.

his smile faded at her response. he could tell there was something wrong but he didn't know whether he should've pressed on the topic to get her to talk as they weren't as close as they used to be two years ago so he figured she wouldn't want to speak to him.

after he dropped her off, she leaned into the driver window to thank him personally and momentarily glanced at donghyuck in the passenger side. his eyes were sparkling.

hyerin heard the sound of jeno's car's engine start up and slowly become distant after she'd closed the front door. jeju was awake and, as a greeting, meowed and rubbed herself on hyerin's legs. she gave her a quick pat on the head before heading upstairs to shower.

that was when things came crashing down.

as she washed her body, her mind was infiltrated with memories and flashbacks and it started to become a little bit too much for her to handle so she just burst into tears and hugged her knees close to her chest as the warm water fell and cascaded down her back.

she managed to hop out the shower and barely dressed herself before running downstairs and bursting into her uncle's office where she knew he was. immediately, he jolted out of his seat and rushed to her aid.

"he's back." she sobbed onto his shoulder. "i saw him today."

<3
uh oh