𝟭𝟴 𝗄𝖺𝗋𝗆𝖺 𝗉𝗈𝗅𝗂𝖼𝖾

Start from the beginning

"I love you, too." I whisper as I pull back from the kiss.

"You do?" He asks, surprised.

"Yeah, James. I love you."

He smiles and pulls me back into a passionate kiss. Our hands wander all about our bodies as we pull each other impossibly close. A knock on the window startles us and we break from the kiss.

"Come on, Love birds. Stop making out and get out of the car!" Natasha shouts from outside the car.

We laugh and get out of the car. I walk over to Nat and hug her. She kisses my hair and tells me everything is going to be okay. As we pull from the hug, I recognise the red Acura Integra drive into the parking lot and park beside James' and Natasha's cars. Wanda and Vision get out of their car and walk over to us, hugging me and spraying my face with kisses.

"Thanks, guys for coming." I thank everyone.

"We wouldn't miss it." Wanda smiles. "Come on, one big hug before we go knock that prick on his ass in front of everyone."

We all group hug and laugh together. As weird as it is, I feel happy. Even with the sickening thought of what today is going to bring stored in the back of my mind, I'm still able to smile. And it's all because of these guys. I couldn't be happier right now.

"Alright, break it up. You're gonna pop my boobs." Nat jokes, making us all laugh and pull from the hug.

We all walk into the courthouse together, preparing ourselves for today. I'm dreading the moment that I have to stand in front of the courtroom and tell them every last detail about Liam and what he did. I keep reminding myself that no matter what happens, I will always have the most amazing friends beside me. My shaky hand holds James' firm one as we walk through the front doors.

❀❀❀

I control my breathing as I wait for the doors in front of me to open. Through the door, I can hear muffled voices from the courtroom and then my name is mentioned. At the sounds, the police officer standing next to me opens the double wooden doors and ushers me through them. When I walk through the doors, all eyes are on me. From the corner of my eye, I see Liam look up at me, but I refuse to make eye contact. I do instantly make eye contact with James and he smiles at me, silently telling me everything is going to be fine. Next to James is Steve, who is nervously looking between the Judge and me. Beside Steve is Natasha, who is comforting a very nervous Wanda by rubbing her back. Vision sits next to Wanda with Wanda's handbag on his lap and his hand on Wanda's thigh.

I walk over to the witness stand and climb up to be stood behind it. The judge turns to face me and raises his hand beside his head. I turn towards him and do the same, waiting for him to speak.

"Do you promise that the testimony you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you, God?" He asks as the courtroom falls silent.

"I do." I answer him and then sit down in the witness box in front of the microphone.

I look forward and Liam's Lawyer stands up from his seat next to Liam and walks in front of his desk, leaning on it. Bruce sits at a separate table next to their table and straightens himself upwards when Liam's lawyer stands up, looking very serious. I take a deep breath as Liam's lawyer, Mr John Walker, begins to talk.

"Would you tell us your name and spell your last name for everyone." John demanded.

"Olivia Adams. A-D-A-M-S." I answer.

"What state do you resign in the present time, Miss Adams?"

"New York."

"And how old are you?"