𝟭𝟲 𝖽𝗎𝗆𝖻

Start from the beginning

"I'm not angry before you ask."

"Then what do you feel about it?" I ask.

"Relieved."

"Relieved?"

"Yeah. To be honest with you, Tiny. I think Bucky needs someone like you in his life. Someone who he can laugh with and not worry about who's watching. And from what I know about you, I think you could benefit from having him in your life too."

I sit there bewildered that this is how he reacts. In every scenario I've imagined in my head of this moment, this is not how I imagined him reacting. Hearing my silence, he continues talking.

"I just don't understand why you guys couldn't tell me."

"Honestly, I didn't want you to judge me."

"Judge you?"

"From jumping from Liam to James too quickly." I explain.

He grabs my hand and makes me look him in the eyes.

"I and no one else would ever judge you for how you move on from that scumbag, I can promise you that."

"Thank you, Stevie." I smile up at him.

We are interrupted when a Police officer walks over and stands in front of us. We both look up at him as he speaks.

"Miss Adams, we need you to come with us and write your statement." I stand up and walk with him to a secluded room.

James' POV

Every part of me is screaming to jump across the cell and strangle this motherfucker, but I hold myself back. The Police officer sitting at his desk outside the cell wouldn't be too happy if I did.

"Why did you have to ruin everything?" Liam shouts at me.

This dick is really testing my patience, I think.

"You did that all by yourself." I defend myself and Liv.

"Says the one who eye fucked my girlfriend from across the room any given time." He screamed.

"Correction, MY girlfriend." I sarcastically reply.

"Fuck you!"

He stands up from his seat and walks towards me, attempting to intimidate me. I hold back my laughter. Does this prick really think he has the power in this situation?

"I suggest you sit down." I don't make eye contact with him.

"Or what?"

"Don't make me punch your fucking face in. I can promise you I won't regret it." I snarl and look at him through my eyelashes.

He laughs and leans down towards me with a sickening smirk.

"You ain't got the balls."

I abruptly stand from my seat and reach for his shirt, pulling him towards me. From outside the cell, I can hear a chair scrapping across the floor and footsteps stomping towards us.

"Hey! Quit it." The police officer shouts.

We both sit back down on opposite sides of the cell and stare at each other. Quickly, his snarl turns back into his smirk as he opens his big, stupid mouth.

"You know, every time I look at Olivia all I can think about is her naked body lying on my bed." He tries to rile me up. "She was so fucking gone that she couldn't even remember her night out. Lying there on my bed, all for me. She just let me touch her and couldn't say anything. "He whispers. "Well, she couldn't, she was asleep." He laughs.

My fists clench and turn white as I fight back to jump on him and fucking kill him. How fucking dare he laugh as he thinks about it. He will pay for this, that I am fucking sure of. From the corner of my eye, I see the same Police Officer writing on his notepad as he observes our cell. Thank fuck he heard Liam and is writing it down, otherwise, I would have pounced on this cunt.

Eventually, the door opens and another Police Officer walks in accompanied by a smile Liv. I jump up from my seat and smile back at her.

"Liv."

"Hey, James."

The police officer unlocked the cell and opens it, letting me step out. Once I'm out, I grab Liv and pull her into a tight hug.

"I told you everything would be okay, baby." I whisper into her hair.

"For now." She whispers back.

The same Police officer locks the cell and turns towards a very pissed-off Liam.

"What the hell is going on?" Liam shouts.

"You, Liam Wood, are being kept in this cell as we start your trial for stalking, abuse, and sexual assault." He replies.

Liam looks shocked and angry at the officer and grabs the bars of the cell door tightly.

Me, Liv, and the police officer all walk out of the room and towards the waiting room, where I see Steve sitting down and looking happily at me that I'm finally out of the holding cell.

Me too, mate, me too.