Now that he was closer I could make out the roughness of his appearance. There was a scratch near his chin and his knuckles were raw and pink. His flannel shirt was buttoned loosely, most of the buttons not in the right spot, and I could see a few specks of blood near his chest.

"Ummm..." Oscar trails off his eyes wide obviously not knowing how to respond.

Adair turns the corner a tight lipped smile occupying his lips as he glares at Rueben. "Oh, I see you're talking in third person again."

I feel my older brothers bush past me as they enter the house. Hunter takes the door from me closing it and locking it. "No. We're not starting this again. Rueben apologize." He says his voice deep

"Ugh. Fine, I apologize." Rue says with a loud sigh dropping his head.

"That's not an apology. Look at him and mean it." Callie commands raising a dark eyebrow.

"I'm sorry Adair for everything I said, and kicking you as--."

"Rue." Calloway quickly intervenes cutting his sentence off.

"And, I'm sorry for pushing you."

"Adair." Hunter nods at the black haired boy who was looking off as if he could care less about anyone or anything in the room.

"I'm also sorry Rue." Adair shrugs, finally answering with no emotion in his voice.

Calloway claps a pretty smile stretching across his lips. "Alright. Good. Now kiss." He says cheerfully, his serious attitude gone as he pushes Rue forward, causing him to wrap his arms around Adair's shoulders to steady himself.

"Ugh, no, not right now." Rue whines letting go of Adair. He turns to Calloway with a pout.

"You're making this a bigger deal than it is." Calloway shrugs motioning for them to kiss.

Rue lets out a deep breathe before turning back around. I watch as he rolls his eyes before he pushes Adair's bang behind his ear. Adair slips his hand into Rueben's hair.

"Do we have to—?"

"Just kiss me dammit." Adair snaps cutting Rue off and pulling their lips together.

Rueben's shoulders slowly become less tense, his hands soon find Adair's waist and they're soon pressed against each other.

Adair pulls away first his cheeks flushed as he looks at Rue. A small almost unnoticeable smile pulls at the corner of his mouth. "I love you idiot." He whispers brushing his thumb across Rue's freckled cheek.

"I love you more." Rueben grins giving him another peck on the lips.

"Awww," Calloway coos. "See that wasn't that hard." Calloway laughs lightly wrapping an arm around Rue's shoulder. "Now, go put on another shirt."

"Why don't you help me put on another shirt?" Rue winks, patting Adair's butt.

"Hey, hey wait. He said he will help me with math." I quickly protest grabbing at Adair's arm to pull him away from Rue.

Adair looks down at me with hard eyes and I quickly let go of his arm.

"Alright, fine. Adair's great at killing two birds with one stone. Come with us." Rueben smiles reaching out for me.

I scrunch my nose, swatting away his arms.

"School first, sex later." Calloway sings, furrowing his eyebrows together, attempting to look serious.

"Fine." Rueben hums, drawing out the word in a child-like manner. He slips out from under Callie's arm and makes his way up the stairs.

"Go get your stuff." Adair says looking down at me, causing his bang to slip from behind his ear and travel down his jaw. I watch the way it once again enunciates his jaw. He draws his bottom lip into his mouth.