"I can't close my eyes." Shehnaaz spoke in a small voice. Sidharth smiled down at her sadly, pulling her into his arms.

Shehnaaz melted, quite literally into the hug. "It's okay angel. Mai hoon na. Sab theek ho jaayega."

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Shehnaaz asked hopefully. "Akele darr lag raha hai kamre mein."

Sidharth nodded. "Of course, andar chalte hain."

Shehnaaz didn't pull away from him, making Sidharth scoop her ever so gently in his arms and walk back towards the bed.

He tucked her into the bed before slipping into the covers next to her, with a reasonable amount of space between them.

Eventually, the distance between them would vanish, day by day, inch by inch but Shehnaaz smiled when he entwined his fingers through hers before wishing her a good night.

They never slept in different rooms after that. She smiled easier then, knowing that her husband was right there, with his fingers laced firmly through hers and nothing could go wrong with him around, not anymore.

Rehaan and the boys never needed a reason to be protective of their queen or to worry about her every once in a while. Months had passed since the work trip that had costed them their queen's peace of mind and they too were as proud of Shehnaaz's accomplishments, as Sidharth was. Shehnaaz saw them make efforts in their own capacity to help her, to make her smile.

She was thankful for the family that she had gained, along with her husband. Whether or not she believed it, she had always belonged there. With her boys, her army, her family.

***

Shehnaaz was sitting in the garden, working on something when she saw Sidharth and Rehaan walk in with a small smile on their faces. It made her smile in turn.

"Good day?" She asked softly, when the boys got close enough. Sidharth nodded and kissed her head affectionately.

"Tell me about it." She demanded, almost in childish curiosity.

"Yeh bhukkhad hai na chinese khaana tha isko toh hum ek restaurant gaye the, wahan bacche the bahar, compound mein khel rahe the. There was a little girl with the biggest, most adorable pair of eyes and she walked in.. hum jis table pe the.. wahan aa gayi aur mujhe ek takk dekhne lagi. She was hungry. I could tell toh mene usko apni plate mein se khaana diya aur uski smile. Naaz.. usne aise smile kia na.. my heart melted into a puddle. Mene usko god mein bithaaya aur naam-waam pucha-"

Shehnaaz smiled. "Phir?"

"Usne bola ki usko aur uske friends ko koi ander aane nahi deta aur agar manager ne usko dekh lia toh bahot daant padegi.. but baby woh bahot bhukhi thi.. uske chehre se dikh raha tha.. toh mene usko khaana khilaya and.. khud ke haath se.." Sidharth said with the biggest grin on his face.

Shehnaaz grinned back. "Phir?"

"Uske dosto ko bhi ander bulwaa lia aur sabke liye khaana order kar dia. Manager thoda akdu sa tha.. but I'm more stubborn than that, woh bacche jab tak kha kar uthe nahi.. mai aur Rehaan waheen rahe. Aate waqt uss manager ke mooh pe ek signed blank cheque maar ke aaya aur bola ki inn bacchon ko kabhi bhukha nahi jaane de.." Sidharth said proudly. "I know woh kameena shaayad seriously nahi lega baat ko.. toh mene woh restaurant khareed ke ek trust ka part banaane ka socha hai. I'm not the best experienced with this stuff par yeh sab karna sahi laga. Once in a while, even the devil shows mercy."

"The devil has a heart." Shehnaaz giggled, teasing him.

"Bacche hai woh.." Sidharth sighed. "No child should ever go hungry. Daane daane ki ladai mein bachpan kho jaata hai."

Rehaan smiled. "Sidharth ne tumhare papa se baat ki hai, kucch formalities ke baad a part of the Gill corporation's yearly profits will be directed to this trust. It's in the works right now, par tab tak humaare legal businesses kaafi hai small scale fundings ke liye. It's a clean, genuine purpose, kucch illegal nahi karna chahte hum log. We can't direct the Mafia business funds into this and the clean side of our business is not widespread enough so there's shortage of funds on our own, isiliye hi tumhaare dad ki company clean karne mein bhi kuch waqt lagega." He explained to her

Shehnaaz nodded. "Is it because of Tarun and his father?"

"They used the company and miscellaneous businesses as a front for sinister things." Sidharth confirmed.

"I want to help in any way that I can." Shehnaaz said softly.

"I'll remember that."

Shehnaaz smiled.

A few minutes later, Sidharth gasped. "I almost forgot. I got you chocolates." He exclaimed. "I think I left the bag in the car."

Shehnaaz frowned. Sidharth touched the tip of his ear, "I'll be right back with your treats tab tak tu yeh kaam wrap up karle."

"Why are the chocolates always conditional?" Shehnaaz whined.

"Because they're a reward, comfort food after a good day's work or assurance after a bad day." Sidharth said softly.

Shehnaaz chuckled. "Sri is rubbing onto you the wrong way."

"Maybe." He shrugged. "Or maybe you are."