Chapter Five

Sidharth walked out of the washroom to see Shehnaaz sitting on the bed with her laptop. When she saw him, Shehnaaz shut the laptop and slid out of the bed, smiling softly.

“Chot kaisi hai ab?” She asked softly, sounding almost apologetic. Sidharth had gotten himself discharged two days ago, much to the displeasure of Shehnaaz and Rehaan who had insisted he rest for another few days in the hospital till his wound healed. 

By now, Shehnaaz had realized that her husband, the Mafia King, was a workaholic and if he could be persuaded to take a break & rest, it would only be possible if he's in a hospital under the strict surveillance of the medical practitioners. 

She had tried her best to get her husband to listen, but he was not the “king” for no reason. It was easier to accept his decision, rather than asking him to change his mind.

Sidharth stuck to his word and even though neither Shehnaaz, nor Rehaan agreed with him, they had to give in. 

Shehnaaz knew her husband was a stronger man than he cared to show, she knew his “job” was not one of the safest in the world but this was essentially the very first time Shehnaaz had seen her husband getting hurt on the job. 

Sidharth shrugged. “I’ve tackled worse.” He said nonchalantly

Shehnaaz nodded. She believed him. 

“Pata hai.” She said quietly. “But.. mere aane ke baad se nahi.”

“Fair enough.” Sidharth walked over to her. “Chinta ho rahi hai?”

Shehnaaz sighed, caressing his arm softly. She didn’t want to come face to face with the fact that she was softening up more and more to him. More than she had initially allowed herself.

Sidharth smiled at her, “Tough question?”

“Pata nahi.”

“Pareshaan mat ho mere liye, meri warrior princess. I’m tougher than that.” He said assuringly.

“I..” She chuckled softly. “I like that nickname. It makes me feel very powerful.” 

Sidharth smiled. “It’s my favorite nickname for you. It’s not because it makes me see a more powerful version of you, but because I already see you that way. You’re my warrior princess. You’re my strength, my power.”

“Tumhe mai perfect lagti hoon na?” She asked softly

“No, hells no. Tum mere liye perfect ho. I see a woman perfect in her imperfections and I love her.” He said quietly. “I.. see all your imperfections, sweetheart and I love you just for that, your perfect imperfections.”

“You’re such a romantic, aren’t you?” She asked, amused. “Ladkiya toh pagal hongi tumhare peeche.”

“Tum nahi ho.”

It's just a matter of time

“Haan, lekin mein special bhi toh hoon.”

“Fair point."

Shehnaaz blushed. 

Sidharth sat on the edge of the bed and smiled at her. “Tumhaara best friend bol raha tha tum ja rahi ho mujhe chod ke.” He asked with a small pout.

Shehnaaz frowned, “Mere best friend toh tum ho na! Kisne bataaya tumhe.” She exclaimed teasingly. 

Sidharth gasped. “Sacchi?”

Shehnaaz chuckled. “Haan, sacchi.”

“Tum Delhi ja rahi ho.” Sidharth said softly. “Bataya kyon nahi?”