Chapter 2 - Bakugou Katsuki

I sat with Midoriya at the kitchen island, we were eating pasta and Dad was writing up today’s Villain incident in his office. He was a smart kid and had a notebook detailed with heroes and their quirks. “So, why do they call you Deku?” I asked him. “Because I’m quirkless, Kacchan actually made the name up when we were four.” He explained. “I didn’t find out what it meant until I was ten. It refers to a wooden puppet and in some way it relates to an insult being ‘useless person’.” Deku explained to me. “Kacchan? Hey, what’s his surname?” I asked. “Bakugou.”

“So Bakugou Kacchan?” I asked. Kacchan, weird name. “Bakugou Katsuki, I call him Kacchan, he lets me for some reason. We used to be friends before we were supposed to be quirks, I knew him well enough and we were on a level of friendship where I could call him Kacchan.” Deku explained. “He sounds like a bitch.” I told Deku. “He kind of is. He told me to take a swan dive off the roof of a building and hope for a quirk in my next life.” Deku explained with a calm look on his face. 

“That’s unfortunate.” I said, calmly. “So he’ll most likely make it to U.A, which means you will meet him at some point if you’re friends with me.” Deku told me and I nodded. “Well, you’re my first friend.” 

“You’re the first one who didn’t turn out like a homicidal bitch.”