Dog tags

I ran around my room trying to find it. Oh no. Please don't let these be lost. I can't lose this. I felt tears prick my eyes and start to fall down my face. "Hey Iz, you ready to go yet?" Hangman said as he walked into the room. He glanced at me before he walked over and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey hey calm down. You're ok. Now what's wrong?" Through tears I forced out a response. "My brothers dog tags. I... I lost them." I began to sob into his chest. "Shhh shh shh. Hey it's ok. It's ok. We don't have to go out tonight. We can just stay home and look for them." He rubbed his hand up and down my back and then kissed my temple.

"No. It's fine. I kind of wanted to go out tonight." I replied while wiping my tears. "We'll here. Tel these." He removed the dog tags from his neck and put them around mine. "Until you find your brothers." I pulled him in for one last hug. "I love you so much." I mumbled into his chest. "I love you too."

****

Once we got to the Hard Deck I went and played  pool with fanboy. Despite me not really know fanboy when we came back to top gun we actually became pretty close. "Looks like that's what? Three times in a row that I've won?" I questioned fanboy before jabbing him with with my pool cue. "God ace. I don't understand. How are you so good." He asked me.

He had lost the first time. Got salty so he wanted to play again. Lost again. So he wanted to play a third game but this time he teamed up with payback and guess what. They still lost.

"My family was a big pool family." I told him. That was true. We had a pool table in our basement ever since I was born.

Literally every Friday we would take turns picking what we wanted for dinner and then we'd go into our teams and have a big game of pool. The teams were usually me and brother and then my mom and my dad.

I felt arms wrap around me from behind and spin me around. "Hey. Put me down." I said. I knew just from the way his hands looked that it was Jake. I knew his touch.

"What do you say we get out of here pretty girl?" He asked me while kissing my neck. "Sure. But only if you get me fries." "Fries?" He asked with a confused face as I turned around to face him. "Yeah. I'm hungry and fries just sound very appetizing." I told him as I gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

****

"God stop eating all my fries. If you wanted some you should have ordered your own." I told him slapping the fry out of his hand. "I paid for the fries so I think I have the right to eat them." He told me grabbing another one.

"Fine." I told him. I plugged my phone into his aux chord and began to go through my playlists until I found a good song that I liked. Because I still think 2010 I put on California Girls. I turned it all the way up and began to sing and dance.

"God Iz, you're so weird." He told me. He picked up a French fry and threw it at me. "Hey." I scolded. "You just wasted a perfectly good fry. And keep your eyes on the road. I don't want to almost die. Again." I started to laugh but he didn't laugh.

"Hey.  You can laugh at that Jake."  He looked me in the eyes. "Too soon Iz. Too soon." "Ugh fine. You have no sense of humor." I told him as I fidgeted with his dog tags that were still hanging around my neck.

"I'm going to need those back soon." "What? But you just gave them to me." "I have plans for them." He told me. Plans? What plans? What plans involve dog tags? "What plans?" "You'll find out soon enough." He replied as he fixed his eyes back on the road.