.12.

Alex and Anastasia have called Karl to an important meeting, much to his surprise. What was it about? Why the two of them together? What had they done? He'd had a suspicion that Alex liked his sister since they met, and now he wondered if she'd rejected him and this was to tell Karl they were going their separate ways because it hurt Alex too much.

Instead, Alex presented him with much different news.

He shared a look with Anastasia before speaking. "We, uh, we kissed," he began. 

"And?" he asked, confused. Wasn't kissing good? Or something to do with that? It didn't matter what he thought. This had to be good for Alex, right? 

"Well... we sorta made out," said Alex, avoiding eye contact at all costs. 

Karl nodded along, waiting for more. They wouldn't have gotten as far in their relationship as they did without talking about their feelings. 

"I've been really into him lately," confessed Anastasia. "It wasn't even the first time I've felt that way." Alex smiled. "It's mutual. We like each other." 

"You... like like each other?" 

Alex nodded, biting his lip. "For the longest time," he said quietly. 

"How long has this been going on?" Karl was trying to keep his tone casual but there was an edge to it. 

"Um . . . a few weeks," Alex responded awkwardly.

"Since the Gala?" Karl pressed.

"...Before that."

"...Then since when?"

"Since the stream where Alex half-jokingly told me to ask him out," Anastasia replied. Karl was flabbergasted.

She'd never actually said anything like that to him! Had she planned this from the start? "Are you serious?" She nodded sheepishly. "Wow," he breathed. 

He was starting to feel slightly betrayed. Not exactly a shocker, though. Anastasia was always a bit of a rebel. She hadn't been a straight A student like Alex, and he suspected it may have started to rub off over the last year or so. He couldn't really blame her. His parents were not kind to him; they were constantly pressuring him and pushing his interests onto others. It would make sense if they wanted him to stay in the family business. But maybe the fact that she'd gone behind his back and told him about her feelings meant that she cared about him. 

"Ok . . . Are you in love?"

"Well, not love yet," Alex said. "But we definitely like each other. A lot."

"A lot," Anastasia emphasized, and Alex blushed.

"Just don't break her heart, and I'm cool with it," Karl said, before leaving.