Boo Ger

She doesn’t sleep, so she doesn’t have to wake up. She starts the day by leaving the fallen over trash can she calls home, then she sits, and thinks about whatever she wants, with a dazed look on her face, her mouth hanging open. She always seems to be in a dazed state, making her seem tired and confused. Throughout the day she visits her 3 favorite places in the world, those being the park, the daycare, and the post office. She only faintly remembers, but her mom, or... she assumes it was her mom, she doesn’t really remember, used to work there. As she walks around her little town, she looks for several things. Ankles to bite (though those are rare), answers to her questions, friends, squirrels, whatever she finds she’s happy with.
In the park she finds lost broken toys that are searching for a purpose, bits of trash or human remains, and most importantly, squirrels. Her and the squirrels have tons of fun together, when she buries them in the sandbox, right under her freshly made sandcastle that’s standing proudly. When she finds no more squirrels she slowly wanders off to the daycare. Old, broken down and rotting, but holding special yet distant, forgotten memories. She lays on the floor of the building, often to mentally exhausted to play, it’s just nice to be in a familiar place. Even if she has no idea why it’s even familiar. When there’s nothing in her head left to think she stumbles across the road to the post office.
The ever so mysterious post office. There’s something about it that triggers something in Boo’s mind, a memory of a person, a normal person, not a zombie, grabbing a big cardboard box from the counter. And it ends there, no matter what she cannot remember anything more or any details about what she does remember. There’s a positive, warm feeling to the memory, despite the coldness of the building. Boo climbs onto of the counter, in the same spot every day, and just looks around. Wonders what happened to this place, to the world. Where did these memories come from? Why are there so few? Does it have anything to do with what happens when we see people?
When night falls, another zombie, this one older, comes in and walks Boo home. They haven't spoken one word to each other, couldn’t even if they wanted to. They just groan and drag their feet, walking with stiff but weak legs. Boo doesn’t think anyone understands what’s going on, why no one can remember yesterday, why everyone lost the braincells required to speak, why anytime a normal person is in sight, the zombies lose all sense of self and try to eat them. She will never know the answers though. And she’s come to terms with it, with living in a trash can, with the day to day confusion, with the constant numb pain of her body and mind slowly deteriorating, like wet paper. All night she’s an empty mannequin, a shell, not thinking a thought, not making a noise, not moving a muscle, until it’s time to do the whole day over again.

-

This one I did for school. It's kinda silly but also not, and I like how it turned out.
It's been a while since I thought of this one.

Thank you for reading, and goodbye!!