Chapter 2: Aoi

Tanjiro and Zenitsu came back to the Wisteria mansion safely. Old lady took care of Zenitsu's injured leg.

-Later that night-

3 big rocks fell on Zenitsu's leg.

"AH! TANJIRO! INOSUKE! HELP!"

Inosuke already ran away, Tanjiro turned around. He wanted to come help Zenitsu but then he saw something behind him and gasped. Tanjiro took a last glance at Zenitsu and then ran away.

"TANJIRO!"

Zenitsu was looking at Tanjiro, asking for help. However Tanjiro ran away without him. Zenitsu looked behind him. There was a big demon, was bigger than any demon he ever saw. Demon stabbed him with his claws and Zenitsu closed his eyes in pain.

Is...this...how I'm gonna...die? Why...why didn't Tanjiro save me...

"I'm gonna protect you"

That's what he said...But he...ran away...Leaving me alone...to die...

In the moment, Zenitsu jumped up from his bed and started turning around in horror. He was in Wisteria mansion. It was nighttime.

A nightmare?

Zenitsu thought as tears fill up his eyes. He turned to his left to see Tanjiro sleeping besides him.

Why did I dream that...Someone told me that dreams show what would happen to you in the future...But only if you dream about reality. And...That dream was pretty realistic...Will Tanjiro realy left me to die?

Zenitsu was looking at Tanjiro with teary eyes.

Should I wake him up?

Zenitsu thought as he reached to grab his arm. Tanjiro slowly opened his eyes before Zenitsu could wake him up. Zenitsu flinched and jumped away. Tanjiro looked at the crying boy besides him and sat on the bed.

"Zenitsu? Why are you up? Are you crying? Are you okay? What happened? What's wrong?"

Tanjiro was asking, concerned about his friend. Zenitsu was looking at Tanjiro, crying. Picture of Tanjiro leaving him to die was showing infront of his eyes over and over again. Zenitsu was too shocked to say a word. He tried speaking but all he could do is sit there and cry.

"Zenitsu?"

Zenitsu started crying. But not like he used to cry all the time. This time he didn't have a breakdown. This time you could realy see the pain and scaredness in his eyes. Tanjiro hugged Zenitsu and asked again.

"What's wrong Zenitsu?"

Zenitsu tried speaking though his tears.

"W-would you...L-leave me...T-to die.."

"What?"

"W-would y-you...l-leave me...a-alone...to die...I-if you were- in d-danger too...Or...w-would you go back a-and save m-me?"

"What are you talking about? Ofcourse I would come back and save you..."

"B-but...I-in my dreams...y-you left...me..."

Tanjiro sighed and let go of Zenitsu.

"So you had a nightmare about me leaving you alone to die?"

Zenitsu nooded.

"Y-you wouldn't d-do that...r-right?"

"Ofcourse not! I would never do that! I promised that I'll protect you no matter what!"

Zenitsu hugged Tanjiro and burried his face in Tanjiro's shirt, crying. Tanjiro hugged him back.

"Don't worry Zenitsu...I'm always going to protect you."