14 | Birthday Letters

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Kinda funny." I smiled and he looks down with a grin on his face. As I walk back to the stage, my phone vibrates. 

From: Ash the Bro

We have matters to discuss. Stay safe, love you Mia.

***

As the rehearsal came to an end, Sophie walks to Calum, giving him a hug. I smiled, but a part of me felt sad too. Calum catches my gaze as he hugged Sophie and gives me a quick smile, which I gladly returned. "They're always the make-up, break-up kind of couple, they tire me sometimes." Luke says, I didn't realize he was standing next to me. 

"Really? How long have you been friends with him again?" I asked. "I don't know, a long time I guess, we used to be in a band together." He adds. "Oh, Calum can play?" I ask and nods proudly, "He plays the bass. I was the lead guitarist and singer."

"Then? Why did you guys stop being friends?" I asked him, being the curious person I was. He shrugs. "When Sophia and him started dating, he started spending more time with her, almost every second, left the band and his friends." Luke frowns for a brief moment but quickly covers it up with a smile, but I didn't miss the frown. 

Luke and I hopped down from the stage. "Good acting man." Harry compliments Luke and Luke thanks him. "Thanks man, oh and in case anything happens in that stage, that we haven't rehearsed yet I just want you to know it's nothing personal, man." Luke informs and Harry laughs. "Are you talking about the kiss?" Harry asks and I can feel my cheeks heating up. 

"Okaaaaay, let's go home i'm exhausted." I tell them both. Luke went to the lockers as Harry and I head out. "Mia!" I turn around hearing Calum's voice, he runs up to Harry and I. "Sorry about not tutoring you yesterday, is tonight okay?" He asks. I nod. "Sure, are you going to be there before or after dinner?" I ask him. "Just wondering, you know, to give Angus a heads up. He likes it when you're there to compliment his dishes, cause I don't." I shrugged and Calum laughs. Sophia calls for him. "I'm having dinner with Sophie, so I'll be there around 8PM" he says before turning around and running back to Sophia. 

***

Once again, Calum was on my bed, doing his own thing while I sat in front of my desk, reading several poems that I have to 'dissect', according to Calum. Does this poem look like a frog to you? I can't fucking dissect a poem, genius. Was what I wanted to tell him. 

"You're missing one book. It's in your bookshelf." He says. I had to turn around to check if he was talking to me or Sophia on the phone. "Me?" I asked. He rolls his eyes. "Yes, dumbass. We're the only people in this room." He says as a matter of fact. "Well, you've been talking on the phone with Sophia all night, I couldn't concentrate." I defended. 

"Don't blame Sophia. I said you're missing one book, you have to read it too, it's for the final coverage." He says. "I'm not blaming Sophia, i'm just saying! You came here to teach me, but all you're doing is giving me things to do without helping me understand them at all!" I was ticked off. He sat up, now leaning on my headboard.