A curious duo

Clancy got up, and helped Ethan to as well. They didn't say a word to each other, until Ethan spoke up.

-Clancy, can i ask you a question? 

-What's up?

-It's really out of context, but uh... How old are you?

Clancy was untying his hair while Ethan was keeping his hat, his hair flowing on his neck. 

-I'm 35, man. Judging by your looks, you look a lot younger than me.

-Actually, i'm 33.

-Wait, really? 33? you really look younger, Ethan.

-Well, you look 45.

-HUH? FUCK YOU!

-Bro, you're old.

-STOP PICKING ON ME!

Ethan's serious face quickly changed in a chuckle, while Clancy took back his hat and put it back on, he had an angry and embarassed expression.

-Aw man i'm sorry, i cannot keep a straight face on. 

-Just because you look younger and you're married that doesn't mean you can make fun of me, jeez!

-Who said that?

Clancy looked at Ethan for a moment, he was laughing a lot. Then, his raged expression immidiately changed in daze.
He reminded him, again, of Andre. He used to pick a lot on him too, and that look.. those chuckles.. They did the same things when they were younger. Together. 
Ethan then slowly stopped to laugh it off, and noticed a wave of.. melancholy, inside Clancy's eyes.

-Ethan..

-What's that?

-Thank you for.. y'know, protecting me from the explosion

-..Oh. yeah, that. It was instinct, i think.

They both stayed, again, silent. This time, Clancy lowered his head and he was actually the one to arrange a word.

-I guess we should take the next step.

Ethan once again looked at him, and silently nodded. They needed to find a way to open the garage doors, since Jack closed 'em once they arrived. Clancy searched for items, while Ethan looked around him, noticing a ladder that wasn't there before.

-Hey, Clancy, look up here!

-Wait, where did it come from?

-I don't know and i honestly don't want to know about it. I'm going up to make sure everything's alright, and then you come with me.

-Sounds good.

Ethan climbed the ladder, but as he reached the zone onto him, he heard a hand pulling him from behind, and then saw Jack Baker in front of him.
He was taking his gun, when Clancy kicked him away and, without thinking twice, took his axe and cut off his arm, until he was finally down.
Clancy's expression was wild, and Ethan stared at him in surprise.

-Damn, man! I mean- thank you..?

-For fuck's sake, just STAY ON THE FLOOR!

-uhm, Clancy?

-I'm sorry about that, but i'm already tense and before meeting you i actually "killed" this guy TWICE IN A ROW.THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE?!

-Everything, i suppose. 

Clancy sounded so done, and Ethan was kinda creeped by the way he just cut Jack's arm like nothing. He wasn't so surprised, though.
The blonde haired guy finally got up the ladder, and saw a shelves furniture covering a possible way to the garage stairs. He got closer to it and eventually tried to move it away, when he saw a lonely strange panel with a minotaurus silver statuette inside of it. He rolled it over and saw a pin behind it, holding it inside. He rolled the pin and removed the statuette, then took it and pulled it down his pants' left pocket.