CHAPTER FIVE

ISLA

"I would go with you anyway." Words leave my mouth faster than I can think about them. "Forgot about it. I didn't say that." I add immediately, but his big smile tells me he doesn't believe me.

I mean, I can't blame him. It is so apparent.

"So..." He says after adjusting the radio. "How was your day at uni?"

He is so comfortable asking how my day was that if someone would watch us right now would say that we have known each other for ages.

"It was great before you bumped into me. After that, my whole day was ruined." I say, laughing.

"Not nice of you, Isla."

"What do you mean not nice of me?" He stops the car because we got the red light.

"Lying that I ruined your day. I think that I saved your day." He winks at me.

"I wouldn't say so."

"Oh, c'mon, you are hurting my feelings." To be more dramatic, he presses his hands to his chest.

"You are funny."

"You really think so?" He asks, then shifts the car's gears and sets off.

"Yeah, I guess." I say, feeling a little bit more relaxed in his company. "What's your name?"

"There you go. Just look at that."

"What?" I'm confused.

"You are hurting my feelings again." I roll my eyes.

"Not funny this time."

"Not funny that you don't know who I am."

"I know who you are. I just..."

"Don't know my name?" He interrupts me.

"It's not fair, you know? I introduced myself, so you know my name. You should introduce yourself as well."

"Nah, I think I'm good." He laughs.

"Oh boy. You are giving me hard times."

"Do I?" He turns left, and we are stuck in traffic just like that.

"Please don't tell me that we have to wait."

"I'm afraid that we have to." He says and changes the radio station.

"Now, you can say you clearly ruined my afternoon as well." I joke.

"There are benefits from it."

"Oh really? Tell me those wonderful benefits from being stuck in traffic with you."

"The main one is that we have more time with each other."

"I don't necessary would consider that as a benefit."

"Oh, c'mon." He smiles, and I can see his dimples.

I always was a big fan of dimples.

"How was your weekend?"

"It was good. Very good. I was in Spain to escape for a little from this English weather."

"That explains your dress today."

"How was your weekend?"

"Nothing much was going on, to be honest. Compared to your weekend, mine was pretty boring."

"Any parties?"

"Clubbing is not my style. I did a lot of it in college. Now I think it's just a waste of health and money."