Chapter ❶❼

***
I couldn't sleep. Not now. Not after the terrible news that I had heard that day. Never. A world without Karly? It was unthinkable. I couldn't even for one single second, even try to imagine it without her. She helped me get through all the bullying, the fights, the sadness, the loniless, but most of all, she was one of my first ever real friends. My first friend not to betray me, not to find better friends, and not to leave me. She was a proper friend. And plus, we were just starting to be more than friends.
"And now to this weeks new with Brianna Witl......" I clicked the TV off. It stopped blaring in my depressed face.
"Cripes. What is wrong with you? Get it together man." I protested against myself. Lunging my head back on the couch, a sudden rush a realisation came over my sorrowful self. I realised that once Karly had......I couldn't even think of it but once that had happened, everything would be back to the way it was. There's no bringing her back once she's gone, and there's no saving her because the trauma is so advanced. Tears started to well up as I tried to hold it in, but it was all too much. I let it out, burying my head in the green pillows. Wet drops of sadness rolled down my red cheeks.
***
Two hours after my mental breakdown, I reached for my phone. Pulling up the message app, I clicked hesitantly on Karly's name.

*🎩Wayne🎩: um hey Karly. Just checking in with you. How are you feeling? I'll see you soon. From you know who xx*

Exactly 3 minutes later my phone vibrated, a text had come through. My shaking hands were just as nervous as the rest of my body because I didn't actually know whether or not she was still alive.

*Karly💟: hey Wayne. Yea I'm good thx. How about you? *

A sigh of relief was released from my dry mouth.
*🎩Wayne🎩: yea I'm good thx. So what have you been up to?
Karly💟: not much considering. What about you?
🎩Wayne🎩: same
Karly💟: when can I see you again? I know that it's a lot to ask after I threw that bomb on you the other day, but I need the support. Please? I'm feeling really lonely here by myself.*

My fingers suddenly didn't know what to type. How to type. Another text came through

*Karly💟: hello? It's okay if you don't want to. I understand. Sorry if I'm pressuring you.
🎩Wayne🎩: sorry. The window was open and I was cold. It's okay. Your not pressuring me. Of course I'll give you the company and support. How about the day after tomorrow? I have to do some grocery shopping and stuff (since I don't have a maid service. It will take for ever since I'm well.....a teenager)
Karly💟: okay. Sorry I got a bit worries that you had left me. Oops. Anyway. Yes. I would love that very much. I'll see you then
🎩Wayne🎩: no prob. I'll see you then. Just remember that I'm always here if you need anything. Don't be afraid to ask. Xxx bye
Karly💟: I'll remember that. xox bye
***
The next day was awkward. Even though I told Karly that I needed to go shopping, which was half true, most of the reason was that I just needed some time to take everything in. The bombshell that she had dropped was slowly chipping away at my heart and soul, so I just needed sometime away from Karly to work things out. That was the selfish, but unfortunately realistic truth. Apart from collecting the much needed groceries, mentally, most of day was spent trying to get my act together. Life wasn't going well with my emotions at the moment. The last thing that I needed was a heart broken, beautiful girl who I still loved deeply, despite that she was dying.