Chapter 16 - Goodbye (FINAL)

Start from the beginning

"Hey. It's me."

"I'm leaving in 3 days. London. Yeah."

My ears strained to hear Van since his voice was getting weaker.

"I just. . . that I'll kick. . . if Ella gets hurt." His voice was muffled and I only understood a few words. I can't hear clearly. I pressed my ear against the door.

"One more thing," His voice is slowly getting stronger. I quickly tried to run but I was too slow. "Know that I'm always waiting." Van opened the door to see me crouched. My cheeks heated up since I was caught red handed but by the looks of it, it seems that Van wasn't surprised at all to see me.

He just shook his head and smiled at me. That night, I slept over at Vans house. We wanted to spend as much time together. I didn't know why I suddenly felt guilty when I thought of Aiden. It's not like I'm doing anything wrong, right? I sighed and let Vans familiar snores lull me to sleep.

***

Today was the day Van is leaving. My eyes were red from crying and I was running out of tissues.

"Ella. Stop crying." Van begged as he grabbed my shoulders.

"B-But-" I stammered and started to sob soppy tears. We were at the airport and Van is about to leave in 2 hours. My Mom and Paloma were somewhere in the airport with Riley. They wanted me and Van to have time together.

"Look, it's not like were not going to see each other again. Besides, I'll send you chocolates and snacks from London!" He tried to cheer me up. I sighed and wiped the rest of my tears away.

"Oh, I almost forgot," I searched my bag for the present I made for Van. "This is for you."

It was an mp3 player. I put most of his favorite songs in it and of course, all of my songs as well. At the end, he'll hear a song I made just for him. Along with the mp3 player was a framed picture of us together. We were smiling and had our arms around each other though he made bunny ears behind my head.

Looking at the picture made me tear up again. I can't believe he's actually leaving.

"Thank you, Ella. I'll be sure to take care of this." His voice cracked. We hugged each other tightly then Paloma came.

"We have to go now." She said sadly. I gave her a tight hug as well and gave Riley a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll miss you guys. Take care!" I waved until I couldn't see them anymore. I felt empty and turned to my Mom for comfort. She wrapped her arms around me.

"Oh, sweetie. I can only imagine what you're feeling right now."

I sighed and left the airport with a hollow feeling in my chest.

***

It's been a month since Van left and I'm slowly starting to feel normal. I felt a bit sad that Van wouldn't be here to celebrate Christmas. Aiden was a huge help and today he came with me to the studio where I'll record a song.

Hopefully, everything will go well.

"Are you ready?" Aiden squeezed my hand as I smiled at him, feeling my nervousness go away.

"Yes."

We went inside the studio and a bald guy greeted us with a warm smile.

"Hey, I'm Frank. I'll be recording with you for the day."

"Hi, I'm Ella and this is my boyfriend, Aiden." I blushed, feeling shy from saying it so boldly.

"Hey, man. Hope you don't mind I tagged along." Aiden shook hands with Frank.

"It's okay. We actually prefer more guests around." He winked.

"Ella, you'll be going inside this room. I need you to put the headphones on and stand in front of the microphone." He gestured to a door at the side of the room where you can see through a glass window.  I noticed that there were lots of buttons and blinking lights in the studio. I wonder how Frank knows what to press.

"Okay." I nodded and headed for the room. I did as Frank said and looked around the room. Wow. This is really happening. I'm going to record a song. My song.

I couldn't see what was happening on the other side since the glass is one way.

"Are you settled?" Franks voice rang out in the room which made me jump. I heard Aiden chuckle which made me bite my lip from embarrassment.

"Sorry about that." Franks voice seemed at a much better volume.

I took a deep breath and sang. I felt myself go deep into the song and close my eyes. I could feel myself smiling and enjoying myself as I continued to sing the familiar lyrics.

Frank praised me and said that I would definitely be one of the best selling artists as soon as my songs get produced which made me blush profusely.

As the recording finished, me and Aiden went over to the park. We sat at the bench and huddled close to each other.

"You were amazing there." Aiden wrapped his arms around me, keeping me warm. I leaned against him and sighed with content.

"Thank you." I felt this day couldn't get any better but it did. Slowly, snowflakes started to fall. I smiled widely at Aiden.

"First snowfall! I thought it wouldn't come at all." I said excitedly, watching as the snow slowly turned the ground to a glistening white.

"Me too. Ella, is it okay if I kiss you?" Aiden asked me, his voice sincere. I felt myself blush and closed my eyes. He slowly inched closer to me until I felt his warm breath blowing into my lips and we kissed. It was just as wonderful as the first time and I know that I would remember this moment for the rest of my life and that as long as he's by my side, everything would be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is THE END of Rockstar Cinderella. I won't be posting any more chapters and I'm so very, very grateful that you have read up to now. I'm sorry this story is lacking in many areas and that I've ended it so suddenly.

The reason for that is that I'll focus on my other stories from now on. Really, thank you for reading this story! :')

I love you, guys!!