12: Sliced Through

Song For Chapter: Meteor Shower
By: Cavetown
——————————————————————

I managed to get an hour or two of sleep. That is before being woken up by a repetitive and aggressive shaking of my body.

"Merlin what does it take to get you up Peach."

I let out a groan and covered my head with my blanket.

The blanket was then pulled away I started to shiver as I balled up my body not yet ready to get up.

"Have fun last night?"

"What are you talking about?!" I said waking up quickly curious and infuriated as to what Mattheo knows.

"You fell asleep in the same clothes as yesterday. Relax Peach."

"O-oh. Right, well I was just tired is all."

"Well hurry up then you already missed breakfast, potions starts in 20 minutes."

Mattheo then plopped himself on my bay window grabbing my book which was placed there.

"Are you going to leave so I can get dressed?"

"Oh please if I wanted to see you naked I would've stayed in the astronomy tower last night."

My face flushed and I then shuffled back nearly tripping.

This made him let out a proud chuckle.

"Draco, really. The things I could tell you about Draco Malfoy."

"Go on..."

"10 minutes Riddle."

———————————————————————-

Shit, I forgot about potions I have to sit next to the shit. Mattheo and I walked down the hallway, his arm wrapped around my shoulders as always. Astoria has yet to speak to me. I don't blame her but at the same time, I thought she would at least make a snarky remark or something. But I got nothing she won't even sit near me. It's as if I was invisible.

I made my way to my seat setting my book bag next to my seat. Draco slid a piece of parchment over that read,

'You're a bitch Persephone Riddle.'

I took the paper and folded it into the shape of a heart then doodled a kissy face on it and slid it back over. He got mad, really mad. I could've sworn steam came out of his ears.

He slammed his hands on the table and muttered,

"Why you little-"

Before getting cut off by none other than Severus Snape.

"Detention Mr. Malfoy."

How could I not laugh! I mean come on Draco getting detention for an immature and distracting outburst.

"Miss. Persephone Riddle, you are now free to join him. Detention!"

Well shit.

———————————————————————-

After lessons concluded for the day I had to make my way to Snape's classroom. The walk felt long and agonizing I was completely dreading having to spend an entire 2 hours with the boy I despised. I was only a few feet away from the door when a hand covered my mouth and pulled me away.

"Shhhhh I don't want people to hear you." She whispered.

I heard a door shut and just then the hand was removed from my mouth.

"What the, and I can not stress this enough, fuck was that for?!"

"Awe I would've thought you would be delighted to see me."

"Astoria why did you do that?"

"I just missed my BESTIE so much. Let's never fight again okay?" Then she grabbed me pulling me in close for a hug.

She wasn't letting go.

I heard the rough and irritating noise of a blade on my hair. I pulled away from her clutching my neck. She had sliced through my hair.

I heard her giggle and give me a look of pity before laughing some more and running out of the closet.

Holy shit, my hair was scattered all over the floor. Grabbing what was left of my hair I sunk to the floor and started to sob.

My hair wasn't exactly long but it was a good length, it laid a little bit passed the middle of my back. But now, I was just above my shoulders, I had never had short hair and I wasn't interested or intended to chop it.

As I sat on the floor with tears still on the floor the door was forcefully swung open.

"Think you're going to get out of detention Riddle? Well think again bec-"

"Shut up already Malfoy!"

"What happened? Are you crying? What'd you chop your hair for?"

"I said shut up!"

I got up very quickly pushing him out of the way and running to my bedroom, I will probably be moving back into it actually. There is no way in hell I'm sharing a room with Astoria, not after that.

Once I got to my room I locked the door and went straight to my vanity.

Maybe I could save it, I didn't know any spells that could make it grow which would've been really helpful right about now.

Looking at it straight on allowed me to see just how jagged her slice was. my hair was uneven and looked horrible.

——————————————————————

It took a few hours but I think I'm finally happy with the result of my new haircut I thought it looked rather pretty actually.

The before:

The After:

The joke is on Astoria really, because I still look hot