"We can talk more later if you'd like. For now, you need a comfortable bed to rest in after sleeping on the ground for weeks." Eomer said to me as he gently grabbed my hand and showed me to a bedroom I could use for the time that we would be in Rohan.

As we walked together, I met the gaze of Legolas, jealously and anger burning through his eyes. I was unsure why he felt this way, he had barely talked to me the entire journey thus far. Maybe it is because I was with a human and was an elf.

"I will have a bath readied for you, and I will have Eowyn bring you a change of clothes. I know you need to be cleaned up, and want to make you as comfortable as possible." Eomer said to me as he kissed my knuckles and opened the bedroom door for me.

I smiled at him, gently leaning up and kissing his cheek softly.

"Thank you, Eomer." I said to him as I entered the room and shut the door.

I sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for the servants to come to tell me the bath was ready, barely able to keep my eyes open. I was exhausted from the constant traveling and getting barely any sleep at all. I stood up and began pacing around the room to keep myself awake, when I heard a soft knock at the door.

"Miss, your bath is ready." I heard a soft female voice say to me.

I walked slowly to the door, opening it to reveal a young girl, maybe the age of fifteen standing before me. I smiled at her as she walked me to the room where my bath was. As we walked down the hallway, I heard voices coming from the room next to mine, and stopped to be nosy and listen in.

"What is your issue all of a sudden?" I heard Gimli ask almost a whisper so no one could hear him.

"I don't have a problem, Gimli. I'm just tired." Legolas responded from the window sill where he was standing.

"Come on, lad. You think I can't see the way you look at her?"

"I don't look at her any special way, Gimli. She is just another woman I have crossed paths with."

"You keep telling yourself that, lad. But I know the truth, you are falling for her and can't admit it to yourself."

"Miss? The bath is this way." The young girl said to me rather loudly, startling the two men in the room.

I quickly walked away from the door and continued to follow her down the hallway.

I quickly undressed and sunk down into the warm bath water, scrubbing all of the dirt and grime off of my body. I sat there, enjoying the warmth, when I heard the door open slightly. I grabbed a towel that was next to me and quickly threw it over the tub so my naked body could not be seen.

"Relax, Vani. It's just me. I brought you a dress to change into for the remainder of the evening." Eowyn said as she walked over to the side of the tub and laid down a beautiful red dress made of silk, resembling the elven dresses I always wore in Rivendell.

"Thank you, Eowyn." I said to her as I got out of the tub and quickly dried off, pulling the dress on.

I walked over to the vanity, brushing through my golden hair, when Eowyn came up behind me, taking the brush from my hands. She began softly brushing my hair for me, and braiding it loosely.

"You know, my brother is quite fond of you." She said to me softly.

"I know, Eowyn, and I am quite fond of him. I have been since the night before I left. I just don't want him to end up hurting in the long run." I responded to her, looking down.

"Why would he hurt?"

"Because I am an elf, and he is human. Our lives are completely different, and what happens when he dies and I am expected to live on?"

"Wouldn't your life with him be worth it?"

I sat there, thinking about her words, realizing that maybe she was right. I stood up and began to walk out of the room, when Eowyn grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Vani, I have always thought of you as a sister, and I would never lead you astray. Just think on my words." She said to me as she let go of my arm.

I nodded to her, and walked out of the room and back to the throne room. As I entered, I saw Gandalf sitting next to the throne where Theoden was, and Aragorn sitting at a table smoking a pipe. Eomer was standing in the corner, leaning on a pillar when his eyes met mine. He smiled brightly at me, causing my cheeks to flush a bright shade of red. I slowly walked towards him, not breaking the eye contact we had made.

"Good evening, my lady." Eomer said to me as he grabbed my hand and placed a soft kiss on top of it.

"Must you be so formal?" I asked with a slight giggle.

"Just trying to be polite, you are a princess after all."

I smiled at him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. I grabbed his hand and led him outside to the stairway.

"Is everything alright, Vani?" He asked me softly as we stood at the top of the stairs.

"I am scared, Eomer." I responded softly.

"Of what?"

"You. I am very fond of you, have been since that night. But, we are two different races. That is initially why I ran in the first place, I was afraid I would get too attached to you. You are human, and I am an elf. I will out live you, and I do not think I could stand by and watch you die."

Eomer looked deeply into my eyes, pulling my face to his in a soft kiss.

"We can think about all of this when the time comes, can we not? All I know is I want you right now. I am not thinking of anything else, other than you." He said to me as he rested his forehead against mine.

"I don't want either of us to get hurt, Eomer." I responded to him softly.

He didn't answer with words, and instead brought his lips to mine once again in a soft kiss. As he placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer, I heard the big doors to the throne room open, breaking us apart.

"Wow, um, sorry to interrupt. We have something to discuss with the king inside." Legolas said, hurt filling his voice.

I felt my face heating up in embarrassment as we turned and walked back inside behind a swiftly walking Legolas.