Chapter 1, New Friend

(A little heads up, this is my first ever Wattpad story. I appreciate feedback but please don't be too harsh on me! 😃
And keep in mind, this story will probably have some separate lore from the game. And the art used in this story + the cover is made by me, so if you use it please credit me properly!)

You were kicked out of your home as soon as you turned 18, since your parents have always thought of you as a disappointment.

After a year of loans, debt and miserably failing to find a job you reach out to your childhood friend. He pitied you and your situation, so he let you stay at his apartment until you managed to find a source of income and your own place.

But, unfortunately, any of your attempts at finding a job were unsuccessful. You spent a few months sleeping on the couch in your friends living room.
Eventually, even he had enough. He felt bad, but the guy couldn't afford to take care of you anymore.

Great, now you have a week left until you have to live on the streets.
At this point, you didn't even have any hope. You didn't care anymore. Your whole life was just bad luck and feeling like a pile of crap.

And there you were, staring at the ceiling, rethinking everything that has brought you up to this point.

Ding!

What's that?

 A job advertisment? The Plex?

.. A job advertisment? The Plex?

The Plex is basically like Disney. Every kid's dream was to go there and meet the animatronics, it seems like an awesome experience, right?

You, on the other hand, were never fond of robots. The thought of AI creeped you out. And a job somewhere with a bunch of these weird things? Sounds like a nightmare. Not for me.

Is what you would say if you hadn't seen how much it pays.

"Well damn, I might aswell try."
You applied to work as a janitor for the Plex. Sure, not the job you've always dreamed of, but the money just made it too hard to pass it up.

After sending your application, you put your phone down and went to sleep. You didn't have much hope though, since so many of your previous attempts to get a job never worked out.

After tossing and turning and finally managing to fall asleep, you wake up to the sound of birds chirping coming from the outside, a soft ray of sunlight illuminated the room. After a minute of zoning out and looking at the wall to fully wake up, you finally reach for your phone. You check the time, but right below it was..
A notification.

"WHAT?!"

Your loud scream caused the previously chirping birds to fly away.
"...you were hired for the position..."
You didn't care about anything else. You were hired! How surreal.

Your first shift was tomorrow.
Needless to say, you were extatic! You haven't felt something like this in a while. As silly as it was, you acted like a little kid excited for a field trip. For the first time in a long while, you actually took some time to take care of your appearance. Took a shower, brushed your teeth and actually had a nice meal.
You also informed the friend you were staying with. He was actually really proud of you and offered to give you a ride to work the next day, which you gladly accepted.