Chapter 4- The Waterbending Scroll

Start from the beginning

I could feel his stare. "V?"

"Yeah." I murmur.

"Why do you hide in your makeup?"

"I don't."

Sokka gently takes my wrists as he leads my hands to my side. "Look at me."

My head rises as I look into his big sparking blue eyes. I could get lost in them forever.

Sokka's eyebrows furrow together. "You're so beautiful."

I slowly bit my top lip. "Thanks. And to answer your questions. Do you feel a different way towards me now?"

Sokka scratches his neck. "Uh huh...I-"

"Exactly." I murmur sadly. "Before you weren't stuttering as much in front of me, and now you're so cautious about my feelings. I use my makeup to hide my looks! I don't want people to think different of me."

Sokka's face brightens up. "But Venus. This is who you are! Don't hide yourself from me or anyone else. You're beautiful as yourself and a warrior. I just got a bit flustered because I've never seen you without your warriors makeup. Every feeling I have towards you are the same as before."

I half smile. "Really?"

Sokka pulls me closer to him. "Really." He then yells at Katara. "Hey, Katara! Look at Venus!"

Katara gasps as she drops the water she was creating. "Venus, is that you?"

"Yeah."

"You're so pretty."

"I agree." Aang smiles.

"See." Sokka says with a smile. "We don't think any less of you."

I hug Sokka's side. "Thanks."

Appa who was behind us began to groan as he was laid on his back, ready to get a pedicure.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Sokka groans as he climbs on the stomach of the bison.

I throw a stick at Sokka as he begins to brush in between Appa's toes with the branch. "Yeah, don't get too happy. You've got to do me next." Appa moans happily.

Suddenly, a large wave slowly makes it way towards Sokka and I. "Aang!" Sokka cries as the wave drowns him.

I groan as I am completely splashed. "I really need to buy new clothes."

"That's enough practicing for today." Katara angrily says.

Sokka's head sticks out of the water. "Yeah, I'll say! You just practiced our supplies down the river."

I move my head to see our bags floating away.

"Uh, sorry." Aang worriedly smiles. "I'm sure we can find somewhere to replace all this stuff."

"My life was hard enough when you were just an airbender." Sokka murmurs as he sinks back under the water.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

Katara, Sokka, Aang, and I walk through the streets of a city market and port. Many armed men eyeing me as they gave a little whistle. I roll my eyes ignoring them.

Sokka walks back from alleyway with a bag over his shoulders. "We've got exactly three copper pieces left from the money that King Bumi gave us. Let's spend it wisely."

"Uh, make that two copper pieces, Sokka." I murmur. "Aang just wasted them on some whistle."

"I couldn't say no to this whistle!" Aang smiles, pulling out a white whistle shaped like a bison, he takes a huge breath and blows into it, but it barely makes a sound.