128

Ah Chi moved out on the same day and Yu Duo didn’t dare to ask any more questions about the matter.

However, after finding out that Ah Chi was not the father of the child in her belly, Yu Duo simultaneously breathed a sigh of relief and also felt as if her heart was stuck in her throat.

Since Ah Chi was not the father of the child, who was?

She had her period three months ago, which was to say, the hospital she visited yesterday that told her she was three months pregnant must have misdiagnosed her, and now she really had no idea who the father was.

She mentally went down the list of all the people she had come into contact with during this time, but still had no clues.

Night had fallen and the whole villa was lit up like daylight, however, Fu Sinian’s study was strangely dark.

Fu Sinian silently sat behind his desk. He didn’t turn on the lights, and the curtains were tightly closed.

With a snap, Fu Sinian lit a cigarette and looked at the three documents in front of him by the light of the lighter.

They were not the usual business documents he looked at in this study. One was Yu Duo’s medical examination report from the hospital, one was all the arrangements Ah Chi had made for Yu Duo after she had left home yesterday, and the last one was the arrangements Yu Duo had prepared herself.

The second set of documents included plane tickets, a hospital that performed abortions, a private nurse, basically everything Yu Duo would need. It was all prepared perfectly and all aspects had been taken into account, overall, Ah Chi’s arrangements were careful and safe.

But, what a pity, Yu Duo hadn’t moved according to Ah Chi’s plan at all. Instead, she got on a plane for a city that was very far from the one Ah Chi had arranged.

There was a new identity, and a new home... Fu Sinian used the light of the flame to slowly read the third set documents. Before tonight, he would never have dreamed that his wife, who had always acted so obedient and guileless in front of him, actually had this side to her. He had no idea she had the ability to arrange a way out for herself so meticulously, even better than Ah Chi. If he had really let her run away with her own power then it would probably have taken him quite a while for him to find her again.

Still, he more or less knew what both Ah Chi and Yu Duo had been thinking.

It seemed that Ah Chi had feelings for Yu Duo that were deeper than just friends, however, since Fu Sinian had almost single-handedly raised the man, he was confident in his belief that Ah Chi wouldn’t do anything out of line.

Meanwhile, Yu Duo was afraid of him and didn’t love him. Even though they had shared a bed together for three years, she had planned to leave him without a word. And until now, he still didn’t even know why.

However, since Yu Duo didn’t seem to want to confess, he had no intention of exposing her thoughts for the time being.

Fu Sinian slowly stacked the three documents together and then put one corner of the pile under the lighter, lit them, and then threw the now-burning documents into the trash can near his desk.

The fire in the metal trash can got bigger and bigger, slowly illuminating the study with orange light.

A second after the last embers burned out, Fu Sinian pushed the door open and stepped out of the study.

Meanwhile, in their room, Yu Duo had laid down and fallen asleep almost immediately. She was very tired after being shocked time and again during the day. When he saw that, Fu Sinian didn’t disturb her. He just took a bath and then laid down in bed and silently hugged her from behind, his broad and warm palms gently stroking Yu Duo’s belly.