"Vanimelda. How good it is to finally meet you." She said to me as she brought me into a soft hug.

"How do you know who I am?" I softly asked her as she pulled away from the hug and smiled at me.

"Your father has truly never told you, has he?"

"Told me what exactly?"

"Your mother and I were sisters."

I gasped at what she had just told me, trying to make sense of it.

"But why wouldn't my father tell me that?" I asked, tears begging to drain from my eyes.

"Because he wanted to protect you. Normal elves do not have the healing powers that you possess. You inherited those from your mother. Your mother died protecting you." Galadriel answered me as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"My mother died in childbirth."

"No, dear child, she did not. The day you were born, your father was gone in the middle of the war with Sauron. When your mother gave birth to you, orcs came to claim you and take you to Sauron. He wanted to take your power to make the one ring more powerful than ever before. If he could heal himself, then he would be unstoppable. Your mother fought with all the strength she had left, killing each  and every orc that entered the room, but it proved to be too much for her and she was killed by them. An elvish servant who is now Arwens mother, took you and hid you away until your father returned."

Tears were rolling down my face like a river, my heart pounding in my chest. I felt as though I was grieving my mother even though I truly had never met her. On top of that, I was trying to make sense of the knowledge that Sauron wanted to kill me for my power, and I now had to be aware of that.

"Vanimelda, are you alright?" Galadriel asked me softly.

"What am I to do, Galadriel?" I asked her, tears still soaking my face.

"You are to fight, just like your mother did. I have something for you, follow me."

She motioned for me to follow up the staircase, and I did as she asked. As we got to the top, and entered a very large room, she handed me two daggers that were a soft blue in color. As I picked them up, it felt as though power began coursing through me. She then fastened a necklace around my neck that was the shape of an arrow head, but was pure silver.

"These were your mothers. They hold an immense amount of power, and only the one true owner can wield them." Galadriel told me as she watched me attach them to my belt.

"Thank you, Galadriel. This means a tremendous amount to me." I replied to her as I pulled her into a soft hug.

"Go be the fighter you were meant to be. Protect the ring bearer with your life so it can be destroyed once and for all."

I nodded to her as I made my way back to where everyone else was. As I entered, Legolas was sitting against a pillar, flipping his knife back and forth. He looked up at me, our eyes briefly meeting as I went and sat down on my bedroll.

"Can't sleep?" I asked him in a whisper as to not disturb anyone else.

"I could ask you the same." He softly answered me.

"I found out the truth about my mother. And Galadriel gave me these daggers, which were once owned by her, and also gave me this necklace."

I showed him the items that were given to me, a look of astonishment across his face.

"Your mother was the sister of Galadriel?" Legolas asked me.

"Yes. How did you know that?" I asked him back.

"Only one woman could ever wield such weapons, and it was Alvara. She was known across the lands as the most powerful Elven princess to have ever lived."

"You have seen these blades before?"

"Only been told about them by my father, who feared her greatly."

I looked down at the blades given to me, admiring their beauty. Legolas came and sat by my side, noticing the pained expression covering my face.

"Vanimelda, what is wrong?" He softly asked me as he sat down.

"I never met my mother, and yet I fell as though I am mourning her death all over again. I dont know how to describe how I am feeling, other than it is not good." I said with a small laugh through the tears streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. Is there a way I could help?"

"I don't think so, Legolas. Maybe I just need rest, and will feel better in the morning."

I smiled at him, receiving a heartwarming smile back, and looked down at his wrist to see the bracelet made of flowers that I had made when we were waiting for everyone to catch up. He must have saw that I noticed, and his cheeks went a bright red as he went to stand up and make his way back to his bed. He leaned down and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight, Vani." Legolas said to me softly as he walked away.

"Goodnight, Legolas." I responded, my cheeks burning and a smile spread across my face.