How The Hell Did You.........

Start from the beginning

While they were in the rest room, a doctor came out of the OR. "Lyon family?" Lucious front and center to hear what was going on. "The surgery is underway and going smoothly but Jamal needs blood. Would any of you guys like to donate? We can test everyone's blood with his before we start the full process." "Uh yeah. Yeah umm. I believe Cookie matches him. She's in the restroom." "We'll test everyone just to make sure. We can start with you and your sons. If yall will follow me. It'll be quick," the doctor reassured Lucious. "I'll tell them when they come back," Rhonda offered up. "Thank you baby. Be right back," Dre voiced. The ASAs continued to play on the tv when the sound of Anika and Cookie's heels echoed across the floor.

"And the award for best song of the year goes to Dreaming by P.O.C!" Cookie rolled her eyes at the announcement. "They split the votes. They don't care about artists wellbeing," Anika murmured. The ASAs was some bullshit and anyone who worked in the industry found that out sooner or later. "Where did they go?" Anika asked, taking a seat. Rhonda eyed the woman slightly. Was she gaining a little weight? "They are giving blood to see if they match with Jamal." "I match with him! They could've waited," Cookie hissed. "They're coming back." Cookie nodded although her nerves couldn't stop her leg from bouncing. "He's going to be okay," Anika whispered, a hand placed on Cookie's leg. "Cook," Lucious called out.

Jumping up, she rushed over to meet him. He led her to the room they were all giving blood in. She scratched her forehead as she watched the nurse tie the band around her arm. After all was said and done, they were all back in the waiting room doing just that. Waiting. Anika fell asleep in Lu's lap. "This is my fault." Cookie looked at him from the corner of her eye. "What are you talking about Lucious?" "This. Jamal getting shot. I should've made sure there were no loose ends. I should've just went ahead and took her ass out when I had the chance. Maybe my mama should've drowned me. Then none of this would be going on."

"Lucious stop that. You were born into living hell. You can't help that. But I've always known you want to do what's right for your family. This ain't your fault. I know you say shit and do shit. You and Mal go head to head so damn much but I know you wouldn't want to see a single hair out of place on his head from some punk ass mark trying us. Don't blame yourself for this. None of us expected this." Lucious nodded as he listened to Cookie. "How did she even get in there?" He asked aloud. The same questioned circled through Cookie's when a doctor came back out. "Mrs Lyon? May I have a word with you?" "Yeah is Jamal okay? Is something wrong?" "No. He's still in surgery. It's about your blood work." "Oh......okay?" She looked on confused but still followed the man.

She sat down on a chair in a room, the doctor seated across from her. "We have your results back and just like you said, you're a perfect match for Jamal-" "Okay so now you guys take more of my blood right?" "That's where things take a turn. Medically I cannot recommend that you donate blood." Cookie's face went blank as she stared at the man. "And why not!? If my blood saves my son then use it!" "Again medically recommended, I wouldn't-" "I didn't ask you what you recommend. You are supposed to be doing everything you can to save my son's life. Are you telling me you are going to let my son die?" "No ma'am. You other 2 sons are a match as well. We do prefer getting blood from a parent but since we can't, we will use theirs."

"What you mean you can't? Why can't you take my blood?" "Because your bloodwork came back with high HCG levels which indicated that you are about 6 to 10 weeks pregnant weeks," the doctor pulled out her results and showed her what it said. "I'm sorry what?" "You're pregnant Mrs Lyon. Congratulations." She looked the doctor in the face before she swiftly passed out. The doctor caught her and put her on the hospital bed. Calling in a few nurses, they started an IV drip on Cookie. Her body dehydrated from the constant crying and sweat from running around. When she started to come to, she groaned. They just had to go grab Lucious. "What is going on with you? You passing out and shit. Got me about to lose my damn mind in here," he spewed. "Lucious....."