Chapter 2

"Sir... Your son didn't make it. I'm sorry." A man in a lab coat bows at another man. They are standing in front of a door with the label "Emergency Room".

"Nonononono, doctor you're wrong! My son can't be dead! He can't! Check again!" The man yells as he uses his lithe hands to hold the doctor's shoulder, "Please!"

The doctor looks down at the ground as he silently yet clearly says, "We've already done everything we could..."

"No..." The man lets go off his shoulder before falling to his knees while tears start to stream out of his eyes, so he uses his hands to try and futilely keep them at bay.

Over at the medical bed, a portal materializes in the room that spits out the same teenager. He looks back to see that the portal had already vanished, sealing his fate, prompting him to tightly clench his hands.

After a few seconds, he releases his hands accompanied with a sigh. He notices a bright light coming from behind him, making him look back, only to see that the light is coming from a body that looks similar to him.

A soul slowly emerges from the body, then he opens his eyes. The soul looks down to his hands, to his legs, then to his former body. His head tilts upward to look at the ceiling with acceptance and despair dancing in his eyes.

The soul doesn't notice the other being in the room, only feeling himself being pulled by an invisible force, all the way until he finally leaves the room.

The teenager grimaces at the sight before feeling a slight tug at his leg. He looks down to see that his leg is slowly pointing at the body.

'Ah shit,' The teenager last thought as the force became too much for him to handle then swallowed by the body.

A small beep from the heart monitor arouses the other doctors in the room that were grieving in their own way, snaps them out of their grievance. They slowly turn to look at the medical bed while saying nothing, until another beep rings out.

"A pulse?!" One of the doctors shouts before rushing over to the bed, "How?!"

"Don't question it, just make sure he survives!" This snaps them all out of their trance, with the rest of the doctors rushing over to do their part.

After 1 hour had passed, the teenager, now inhabiting the body that is now covered in bandages, gauzes and other good stuff, sighs as he looks around the room with his head propped up.

"Well... Glad that was over..." He looks up to the ceiling, "I wonder in which timeline of Honkai am I in... Hopefully not the start of Otto... I regret skipping the story line now... Could go for a sandwich now..."

"Son!" The door bursts open and the man rushes in, almost tripping himself. The teenager flinches before looking at the man, then flinches again, this time harder.

"No..." The teenager mutters with fear etched into his expression, "No, no, no, no, he is not here, that man shouldn't be here...!"

The man notices the lack of reaction and hesitantly calls out while stopping near the bed, "Son? It's me, your father. Jackal Adam?"

The teenager's eyes widen even further, "Jackal Adam...?!" The heart monitor becomes erratic as his heart pumps even faster while his eyes start to dilate.

"August...?" Jackal slowly puts his hand on August's hand, prompting the latter to flinch harder and screams.

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE COME NEAR ME!" August tries to move his body, yet it only comes out as a twitch, "HELP!"

A nurse with neck-length yellow hair that was walking by rushes into the room, takes a moment to look around and sees an unknown adult male with their newest patient that had miraculously survived. Guess who she picks?

She fishes out a small object and presses the top part, leading to an alarm sounding out at the security post on their level.

"Wait, I'm his father!" Jackal shouts as he puts his hands up, "I was –"

The door burst open again, revealing a bunch of security guards piling into the room. The nurse points at Jackal, to which the security guards nod before going over to him.

"Sir, you are not welcome here. Please leave the premise."

Jackal opens his mouth, likely to argue, before closing it back then slightly nods in agreement. He glances back to August, who is still looking at him with wide eyes that have terror dancing in them, then walks away with the security guards acting as escort.

The nurse slowly walks up to August once she finds everybody else gone with her hands held up, "Are you ok?" She asks the stupid question, in hopes of distracting him from his panic attack.

August hearing the question, snaps out of his terror-induced to look at the nurse with ridicule, "Oh sure I am ok handy dandy whatever when I am pretty sure I looked like hell just now." He squints his eyes at her.

Her cheeks slightly redden as she scratches her cheek, "Erm, I read in the manual that asking stupid questions to people with panic attack when the danger is over to calm them down."

He snorts, "Wow, let me read that stupid manual so that I can burn it," He grumbles before sighing, "At least that man is gone..."

Silence descends upon them, making the nurse fidget a little, until she is unable to contain the silence, "Was that man really your father...?" She hesitantly asks.

August sighs while looking at the wall with a 1000-yard stare, "Unfortunately yes. I would rather not talk about it or my family." He glances at her, "Actually, can you please tell me what happened that caused me to be here?"

She blinks, "What do you remember...?"

"If I actually remember, I wouldn't ask you this question."

"Sorry, standard procedure... Erm, I heard that you got hit by a truck while crossing the road and you broke most of your bones... Erm, other stuff too."

"...So that explains why I look like a mummy." He nods with a smile, but his eyebrows are twitching at the same time, "Stupid god."

"Ahhh please don't curse God... He is looking after us all and I am sure that you survived thanks to his help."

He turns his head to look directly into her eyes, making her squirm under his gaze, though he doesn't hold it for long, "Sure, whatever."

August pauses before asking, "Hey, what's the year?" He ignores the confused look on her face and asks again, "What is the year and month. Please"

"Um... twenty of March, I think, two thousand thirteen."