Chapter 4: Nicole's POV

Taylor was going on about some rant on how he "doesnt want me to ditch him over Dylan" and stuff. I was kinda tired of hearing about it and I didnt know how to make him be quiet. So when he said he liked me, I kissed him.
    He was shocked. I have to admit, I don't regret it the littlest bit. But once I pulled away I looked behind him. Dylan. He was still standing in the driveway.
    "Uhh, Taylor. I hate to leave everything like this but I really gotta go." I quickly say, not knowing what to do. "What's wrong?" He looked concerned and a little disappointed. "I just realized how much homework I had. Sorry Tay, I will text you later." With that, I quickly close the door.
    I turn around and put my back against the door and slide down it until I hit the floor. I had to take a minute to think about what just happened. My mom approaches me, "Aww sweetie what happened?" "Why are boys so confusing?" I ask, as serious as possible. "I don't know, ask your brother, he should know!"
    I run upstairs and knock on Luke's door. His music is so loud that he probably didn't hear me. Or he fell asleep, like he always does. American Idiot. I love that song. I start singing along with it, but I'm cut off by the bedroom door swinging open.
Luke is standing there, laughing, holding his phone up. Yep, he's recording again. I literally slap his phone out of his hand and he just stares at me like I just murdered the family. "Hey I need to talk to you about something." My hands were behind my back and I was rolling back and forth on my heels. "Yea? Come in." He turns his music down and lays down on his bed, patting the spot next to him signaling for me to sit down. Once I sit down, he take a deep breath, cuddles with his pillow and says, "Boy trouble huh?" He giggles. "DING DING DING!" I say loudly. We both start laughing.
    "So in the past 10 minutes, Taylor said he liked me, then we kissed. Well I turned around and saw Dylan. Turns out he saw everything. But the problem is I like Dylan but he saw me kiss Tay and I don't know if I can ever fix that." He looks at me like I'm speaking in Japanese. Luke pauses, thinking about what I said. After a couple seconds it seemed like he got hit by a brick.
"WAIT TAYLOR KISSED YOU? I'm gonna kick that tie dye wearing, shoeless driving, hippie's ass when I see him next and-" I cut him off. "Woahhh, calm down there papa bear." I giggle. "He didn't exactly kiss me..." I took a long pause, I thought he would understand what I was saying. "I kissed him." He covered his mouth to hide the fact that he probably just dislocated jaw from being so shocked.
    "Ok so wait up a second. You like Dylan but you kissed Taylor?" He looks at me like I came from Mars. I sigh, "Yea... Pretty much." "Well umm... That wasn't very smart now was it?" "Yes Luke I know. That was stupid, but what else was I supposed to do?" Luke is kind of making this all worse. He is making me feel guilty.
"I don't know, but defineatly not that!" His eye brows were raised. "If I were you I would go tell Dylan you are sorry. I'm a guy..." He pauses, "...obviously." He points out his flat chest as proof. I start laughing. "and I can tell that Dylan likes you." I just sat there and stared at him.
    "Wait?! Really?!" I stand up in shock. "Nic, its obvious, how didn't you see that?!" "Well I mean I did see it coming, but then again I didn't..." I'm jumbling my words together from talking so fast. "So I wasn't sure if he actually liked me and I didn't say anything because what if he didn't like me back? I would have been so embarrassed and-" Luke cut me off and started laughing hysterically.
    "Nicky calm down!" His laughter grew louder to the point where he looked like a tomato. Once he gets control of himself he says, "Why don't you just go and tell him how you feel? Its obvious he likes you back!" "You know what? I will." A huge grin is suddenly on my face.
    After I tell him goodnight, I walk back to my room. I put on my pajamas, my black spandex and my volleyball sweatshirt, and crawl into bed, and soon drift asleep.