fifteen: camellia

Start from the beginning

"Change? You're the reason Hana's been in many stages with you recently? You purposely change her set up, not only hers but yours as well." Jinmichae said, angrily and snatched Secret from him. "The writer changed both of your step up. What are you even trying to prove here? Endangering her life?"

He opened the manhwa and read Hana's character description, seeing that it indeed changed.

Siu Hana
second female lead
childhood friend of A3
class 2-8
fell in love with Lee Do Hwa

Lee Do Hwa
second male lead
part of A3
Class 2-8
fell in love with Siu Hana

Do Hwa looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Why are you so protective of Hana? Who are you to her exactly?" he asked suspiciously.

Jinmichae rolled his eyes. "That's none of your business." he muttered and turned to walk away.

"That portrait earlier." Do Hwa said, making Jinmichae stop. "That was Chun Hwa, wasn't it?"

Jinmichae turned around to face Do Hwa, who stared at him. "What?"

Do Hwa smiled as he walked closer to him. "Chun Hwa is Hana, and Hana is Chun Hwa. Same person, different character. I'm right, aren't I?" he asked as he stood in front of Jinmichae. "Geum Jin Mi. My older brother."

Jinmichae's eyes were deadly serious as he looked at him. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Do Hwa was not just aware, but he knew about Trumpet Creeper.

"I read the manhwa called Trumpet Creeper by accident." Do Hwa confessed as Jinmichae looked stunned. "Back at summer camp, Hana and I were strolling around the ancient palace and rested at a pavilion surrounded by a lake. Hana bumped her back to my chest and started hearing my voice saying lines that I haven't said before but were familiar. All of them were about Chun Hwa."

Jinmichae clenched his fists in anger as he continued listening to Do Hwa.

"Then, I saw Hana, but she was wearing different clothes, the same one in that portrait you were trying so hard to hide."

Jinmichae took a deep breath. "How much did you read?" he asked.

Do Hwa shrugged. "Not much. There were so many missing parts in that manhwa." he answered as Jinmichae frowned. "I've just read about you, Hana and I."

"Where did you saw the manhwa?" Jinmichae asked once again.

"At the pavilion. I think it belonged to Hana and she dropped it by accident. Between us two, she was carrying a small backpack that time." Do Hwa answered as crossed his arms, remembering what happened at the ancient palace. "Does Hana know everything?"

Jinmichae looked away from him and nodded. "She's aware." he vaguely answered.

He didn't want to reveal anything to Do Hwa, unless Hana does it first. However, he knew that she has no intentions of telling Do Hwa anything. He respected her decision to protect Do Hwa from the truth.

Do Hwa looked at him in disbelief. "Why?"

"Because I wanted to protect you."

Do Hwa and Jinmichae's eyes widen in shock as they turned around and saw Hana standing by the cafeteria door, clearly heard everything.

"I just wanted to protect you from knowing the whole truth, Do Hwa. I don't want you to feel the pain that comes with it." Hana confessed.

Do Hwa stared at her in disbelief. "You don't have to do that for me, Hana." he said as Hana stood in front of him.