⎼⎼⌞chapter fourteen⌝⎼⎼

Start from the beginning

"Cassie!" I heard someone shout, making me groan. "Cassie, I'm sorry for whatever I did, but can't you see that I want you?!"

"Want me? Well that's too bad, because you can't have me." I shouted to him over my shoulder as I continued walking.

"Can't have? Can't have? The only thing I can't have is dairy!" I heard Dax shout at me as I scoffed and picked up my pace as if that was even possible.

"C'mon, get in! We can talk this out over lunch or something, can you just get in?" I heard him shouting as I continued walking, not even giving him the time of day.

"Now hold on, are you trying to lure this young lady into your van?" I heard another person on the street asking, I turned around noticing an older woman talking to Dax as he was slowly trailing behind me in his van.

"Well... Yeah, but she's being really difficult about it." Dax said nonchalantly as the older lady gasped.

"You get out of here before I call the police. Get!" She shouted as she took hold of my hand and made sure I was even further from Dax.

"Are you serious?" Dax asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion as he scoffed.

"Cassie?" He asked, waiting for me to do something to defend him. I stood in my place unmoving.

"Get out of here!" The older lady continued trying to shoo him away.

"Fine, good thing I got to realize now just how ugly you are on the inside as you are on the outside." Dax scowled at me before shaking his head as he speed away.

"Boys, the nerve of 'em." The older lady muttered in disbelief as she watched Dax's car drive off.

"Do you need a drink hun? Why you may not know, but I own this little store." She said as she gestured me inside a small little candy shop.

"This place is so gorgeous." I said smiling as I stepped inside it, admiring the old time look to it. "Would you mind if I sat in here for a bit?"

"Oh no, no. I could never turn down a good chat." The lady brushed off as she pulled out a seat for me. I grinned as I took a seat and texted the address to Beca.

***

"He called me ugly on the inside and the outside! I'm sorry, but he's wrong about the outside part!" I scoffed to Staci as I recounted my morning to her.

"Get out." Staci snorted as she playfully slapped my shoulder. We broke out in laughter as we made our way downstairs.

"You're still going to the mall with me tomorrow right?" Staci asked, eyeing me down playfully.

"Yes. Yes. Bright and early." I said playfully as she grabbed a water bottle from the fridge before making her way over to the door.

"Not too early!" Staci hollered on her way out the front door. I yawned and turned back to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Chloe asked from the kitchen table as I grabbed out a few supplies from the cabinets and fridge, slipping them in a grocery bag.

"Oh, well if all goes well tonight with me and Donald I was going to make us a nice casserole." I said as she gasped.

"Oh my gosh, how romantic. Why not spaghetti so you guys could lady and the tramp it?" Chloe asking, turning in her chair to give me her full attention.

"Well in high school some of my friends would call me casserole, so I learned how to make one just for shits and giggles. It's the only real dish I can make without having to microwave it." I explained as Chloe nodded while she hummed in response.