Munson's Girl | E. MunsonXreader

Words: 1830
Just a sweet story of you going to see Eddie's band because you have a crush on him, but you don't think he returns the same feelings

__________________________________

I got my book for last period out of my locker and shut the locker door just to be startled by Steve leaning against the lockers next to me.

"Jesus why do you have to sneak up on me." I said my head going over my heart trying to calm myself.

"Don't be a scaredy cat then."

"Hey-" Steve cut me off, "what are you doing tonight?" He asked as I glared at him for interrupting me.

"Why do you wanna know?" I asked hesitantly.

"Wanna help me babysit tonight? Mrs. Walkers triplets need to be watched. She pays pretty good." He said putting his hands together in a prayer like manner, "please please, please."

I pretended to think about it. "No." I said sharply.

"Y/n Wheeler!" He said as I tried to turn to leave but he grabbed my wrist.

I glared at his arm around my wrist and then back at him.

"Come on please."

"No they're little demons."

"Aren't all kids?" Steve said trying to convince me to watch the three menaces that were the Walker triplets.

"I have plans anyway." I sighed taking my wrist out of his grasp.

"With who or what." Steve interrogated.

I sighed and caved.

"I'm going to see a friends band perform tonight." I said trying to hide my excited smile with my textbooks.

"Eddie Munson's band? No bad idea, you don't want people to think you're his girlfriend or something." Steve grimaced.

"Why you like your ex's sister or something? Why do you care? Besides he's a friend I'm just gonna watch him play a small gig." I said my smile fading into annoyance.

"Don't pull the ex's sister card to turn this back on me. You know what people say about Munson, bad reputation. I don't wanna see you get hurt." Steve said reaching out to me to try and be comforting.

"Still not babysitting with you."

"Oh come on." Steve whined slightly.

"I knew you didn't actually care." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I do care! But I also need some help." He sighed desperately.

"Bring Robin."

"She doesn't like kids."

"Does anyone actually like kids?"

"Y/n"

"Steve."

We stared at each other in a stand off to see who would break first.

"Fine go to your stupid band thing. But don't get upset when it turns out I was right." Steve shrugged and walked away.

It's just a gig, and Eddie invited me as friends because I actually didn't dislike him which was rare at Hawkins High. It's not like it was a date and he was gonna break my heart. Steve had it all wrong.

__________________

I sat stood at the back to watch Eddie's band perform. It was a little crowded. I had been running a little late, but mid song as Eddie was performing his eyes scanned the audience until they fell on me to which he smiled and winked at me.