𝑺𝟐/𝟎𝟐: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

Start from the beginning

"This has nothing to do with you!" Holly cuts Maria off harshly, holding one finger up to stop her from continuing, "So I'd appreciate it if you would stop talking for just a second!"

She turns back to Oliver, and Maria looks my way with her brows raised, her eyes widened. She chooses to ignore the fuss and plays with little Priscilla.

I sigh, Holly will keep yelling at Oliver if I don't do something, but I'd rather not get scolded...

"B-Baby, I s-swear I-I'm no-not!" Shaky fingers make their way up to cover his eyes, as Holly continues to back Oliver into a wall. Half-understandably.

Holly nods, but isn't sure. "I hope you're telling the truth, Ollie." She takes gulp, and it seems like her throat is dry. "Because if the rest of these letters-" holding the necklace closer to Oliver's face, "turn out to spell your name, I will not let you live! Got it?!"

The employee's room falls silent.

I stand awkwardly with my arms crossed in front of my chest. I'm sure Maria feels the same. Like we're supposed to leave the room. Or at least not look.

Briefly after, Oliver starts nodding. "Y-Yep! Got-got it!"

Holly smacks the necklace on top of the table and storms out of the employee's room. Leaving the three of us baffled, of course little Priscilla is clueless.

Oliver wipes away the droplets of sweat rolling down his temples, and fakes a grin.

"Are you... okay?" I ask him.

He nods, like always, and leaves the room.

I look towards my step-mother, who's already in the middle of holding herself from bursting into laughter. My hand flies to my mouth, and keeps it shut. "Shhht!" I tie my brows together, "Don't laugh."

Maria nods, but struggles.

I leave the employee's room before I match Maria, but when I do, I hear her laugh loudly. Little giggles erupt from Priscilla as well, and I roll my eyes chuckling.

"You have a beautiful smile."

The voice immediately brings me in a state of shock.