𝟎𝟐: 𝒅𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒕

WELL SINCE MY BABY LEFT ME,
WELL, I FOUND A NEW PLACE TO DWELL.
WELL, IT'S DOWN AT THE END OF LONELY STREET,
AT HEARTBREAK HOTEL.

WELL, IT'S DOWN AT THE END OF LONELY STREET,AT HEARTBREAK HOTEL

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

225.

I knock, and Austin opens the door. Shirtless. His neatly combed haired is now a scroungy mess, but it somehow looks good on him. He leans on the doorframe with one arm, while looking down at me. His flushed cheeks, and glistening eyes make me want to run back to the reception, and hide under the counter.

He eats me alive.

My eyes keep wanting to get a long look at his bare torso. His abs, like they're glazed with a honey syrup, while a single drop of sweat trickles down to his belly button. I force myself to look away.

"Ottie?" The deep rasp brewing in the base of his throat rings between my eardrums like a broken record. My brain yearns to hear him speak more. "Did I forget something?" His brows raise questioningly.

I quickly shake my head. "No!" And my eyes accidentally catch a glimpse over his broad shoulder, at the empty bottle of Château Margaux. "You didn't forget anything, Mister Butler."

His glass eyes then narrow, before he leans forward to gift me a soft smile. "Please, call me Austin."

I gulp. "Austin," it feels almost criminal to say his name out loud. And to be breathing so close to him, I won't even bring up. He straightens his back and shoves one hand into the pocket of his black jeans, while the other one stays sturdily against the doorframe. "I just came here to ask if everything is to your liking."

There is a small second of him chuckling, and as he looks to the side, I see more of the inside of his room. My eyes widen after spotting some kind of white powder sprinkled across the glass coffee table.

I try and shake it off.

"Does the phone at reception not work?" He asks. The smug face makes me wonder if he knows I only came up here to see him, and hear his voice.

I look away but my eyes find his bare chest again, so I search for somewhere else to look, and find the wall.